• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia contracts for Next Season?

brockley

International Captain
They usually hand them out in March,probably just after the WC final.Cummins will get 1 for NSW don't see any Blues getting 1 unless Sandhu gets 1.Usually contracts between 17-20,wish they'd go back to 25.

brockley

International Captain
I notice another Cachopa playing in Sussex leagues,wouldn't be surprised if they give him a go in the 2nds and if he is any good they give him a contract.

Better sign the whole country up in case England feels like Kolpakking anyone.
Thats not flawed logic.Altho there is a limit on who the country signs,its not if we cannot afford it.Call them development contracts.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They usually hand them out in March,probably just after the WC final.Cummins will get 1 for NSW don't see any Blues getting 1 unless Sandhu gets 1.Usually contracts between 17-20,wish they'd go back to 25.
Big call as I'm pretty sure Clarke, Smith, Warner, Starc and Lyon will get one.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There were 18 last season. I'm guessing

Clarke
Warner
Rogers
Watson
Smith
M.Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Starc
Cummins
Maxwell
Finch
Faulkner
Pattinson
Hazelwood
Agar

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
18 certain contracts
Warner Rogers Smith Clarke Burns Marsh Marsh Haddin Johnson Harris Hazlewood Starc Lyon Maxwell Finch Faulkner Watson Cummins

If CA do give out 20 contracts, the final 2 spots gets difficult to decide. I would like to think Siddle would be there, but on the fringe of the Test team might not be enough as he is going to be well down in ODI and T20 rankings - the same applies for Peter Nevill.

James Pattinson, Ashton Agar (wrongly), Matthew Wade, Adam Voges (1200+@100+ deserves more cash), Fawad Ahmed (leading wicket-taker currently) and Nathan Coulter-Nile could be fighting it out for those last few spots.

brockley

International Captain
Nev won't get 1,Sandhu maybe not, definitely Hazelwood,Thats 2 contracts NSW don't have 2 offer state contracts.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Voges a decent shout out.

I'd love to see him get a test call up.

brockley

International Captain
My understanding contracts are given out on rankings,thats why Phil Hughes got 1 when he didn't deserve it.The rankings are based on internationals played over a 12 month period.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they think Rogers is gonna retire after the Ashes he might not get a contract. I don't think Burns will get one, considering the Cowan and Doolan precedents. So you can apply that to Siddle, Agar etc

then again, new selection panel and what not

brockley

International Captain
Ok come up with the squad i think the selectors will pick.
M Clarke,S Smith,M Johnson,D Warner,M Starc,B Haddin,J Hazelwood,C Rogers,G Maxwell,S Watson,J Faulkner,A Finch,M Marsh,P Cummins,J Burns,S Marsh,N Lyon,R Harris.
Probably be announced shortly after World Cup final.Expect Steve Smith to be made one day captain,thus why I believe George Bailey won't get a contract. Siddle and Patto miss out for mine.Unlucky would be Nevil and/or Wade.But 17/18 is the ammount of contracts handed out nowadays.