• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket, a whole new ball game?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who knows... maybe the balls might get discoloured less easily, hence being changed less often and allowing bowlers to get reverse-swing without interference.

In any case, I'm all for anything that enhances the seeing of the ball. Hate seeing batsmen dismissed because they haven't been able to sight the ball - get them out through bowling a good ball, not because they've not picked it up properly.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
What they are trying to do, obviously, is produce a ball that can be sen clearly on TV but can last 50 overs (unlike the white ball). I say give it a chance - wether it would work better than the orange balls that were used for the never to be remembered Refuge Asurandce Cup remains to be seen...

neville cardus

International Debutant
I thought we were on the same adult-themed wavelength, neville?
Indeed, but, inexplicably, I forgot all about your gem. Surely, though, we were funny enough to warrant a few certifiable howls of delirium? Where is everyone?

Last edited: