• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Country Cup - Dubbo 27th to 29th of Dec

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is anyone else on here going to the Country Cup by any chance? It's on in Dubbo next week, and given the location I'd imagine if you had any sense you probably wouldn't! :D We have a team going down from the Tweed, so it would be interesting to hear from anyone on here that might also be around the tournament. I have no doubt that packages are being sold as we speak to keen cricket fans from other countries and the stands will be full by the time we arrive in Dubbo next Monday evening. If you're a member of one of these spectator groups, please be advised to stay away from any of our games as we aren't used to crowds and frighten easily!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
We made the semi's of the Country Plate last year, and went out to Gilgandra [near Dubbo] to play. Gawdamn it was hot, and we ended up getting belted because we sent an understrength side.

We lost in the first round of the Country Cup this year, we played Kiera from Wollongong and a dude belted 200 and they beat us by 150 runs or something.

By the way, I live near Nowra [Sout Coast NSW] and play for a club called "Central Districts".

Hodgo7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Son Of Coco said:
Is anyone else on here going to the Country Cup by any chance? It's on in Dubbo next week, and given the location I'd imagine if you had any sense you probably wouldn't! :D We have a team going down from the Tweed, so it would be interesting to hear from anyone on here that might also be around the tournament. I have no doubt that packages are being sold as we speak to keen cricket fans from other countries and the stands will be full by the time we arrive in Dubbo next Monday evening. If you're a member of one of these spectator groups, please be advised to stay away from any of our games as we aren't used to crowds and frighten easily!
Woohoo Im actually from Dubbo. I am currently working overseas in Canada but I use to live a few houses down from Glenn McGraths mother !!!. See him around a fair bit with his cousin who looks like him and bowls like him (no where near as accurate I might add).

Son Of Coco

dontcloseyoureyes said:
We made the semi's of the Country Plate last year, and went out to Gilgandra [near Dubbo] to play. Gawdamn it was hot, and we ended up getting belted because we sent an understrength side.

We lost in the first round of the Country Cup this year, we played Kiera from Wollongong and a dude belted 200 and they beat us by 150 runs or something.

By the way, I live near Nowra [Sout Coast NSW] and play for a club called "Central Districts".
Yeah, this is the first year we've made it to this stage. I'm expecting it to be bloody hot...we play in Gilgandra, Dubbo, and Parkes I think. Staying in Dubbo throughout the tournament.

Son Of Coco

Hodgo7 said:
Woohoo Im actually from Dubbo. I am currently working overseas in Canada but I use to live a few houses down from Glenn McGraths mother !!!. See him around a fair bit with his cousin who looks like him and bowls like him (no where near as accurate I might add).
Will we play him do you know? That'd be quite funny...