• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Scallywag said:
I wouldent call Murali a junkie, do they have drug testing in Sri Lanka.
Im talking about Warne you fool. You have a very short memory my friend. I seem to remember his holy almightyness was banned for taking....hmmm.....illegal substances. Or was it for helping some bookmakers out. Then again, it might even have been for womanising.

This clean living God is such an epitome civilised values as too make me confused about the consequences of his off field exploits..... :wacko:

Last edited:

Scallywag

Banned
a massive zebra said:
Im talking about Warne you fool. You have a very short memory my friend. I seem to remember his holy almightyness was banned for taking....hmmm.....illegal substances. Or was it for helping some bookmakers out. Then again, it might even have been for womanising.

This clean living God is such an epitome civilised values as too make me confused about the consequences of his off field exploits..... :wacko:
So you dont like what Warnie does after the game, poor you.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Murali is just a superb bowler and IMO (I said IMO) the best spinner I have seen. I don't think I'm going to see another bowler who'll break his record in my lifetime. He's got a good record against EVERY team and that shows what a talented spinner he is.

Congrats Murali and hope you get to 700 wkts...certainly not out of reach.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Murali will hold the record for getting the most wickets for some time.

I notice when posters declare their undying support for Murali it allways comes with a claim he is better than Warne, is this to overwrite what you know subconsciously.
And i notice some people are just too jealous to accept the fact that Murali is the highest wicket taker (Spinner) and has done it in 20 fewer tests. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scallywag said:
I wouldent call Murali a junkie, do they have drug testing in Sri Lanka.
Be careful mate, you might make yourself look ignorant.

Too late :(

Go Murali, congratulations a true class act.

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
And i notice some people are just too jealous to accept the fact that Murali is the highest wicket taker (Spinner) and has done it in 20 fewer tests. :)
Do you think there would be?. IMO I think more people are jealous of Warne. Most of Muralis groupies have a distinct hatred for Warne because of his lifestyle. You must admit Warne has the looks and personality to live the life you could only dream of. Murali on the other hand could do with a visit from the "Queer eye for the straight guy" crew. Oh and he should stop hiding behind Ranananantungas skirt.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
An admirable performance. I do wonder how many Warne would have if he'd played as big a percentage of his games against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, and also if he'd been the sole bowler of true class in the side, but you can't ignore Murali's numbers.
That is a very valid point.

Incidently how many matches has Murali played against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Do you think there would be?. IMO I think more people are jealous of Warne. Most of Muralis groupies have a distinct hatred for Warne because of his lifestyle. You must admit Warne has the looks and personality to live the life you could only dream of. Murali on the other hand could do with a visit from the "Queer eye for the straight guy" crew. Oh and he should stop hiding behind Ranananantungas skirt.
Have you taken leave of your senses?

(double-checks, sees who posted this utter rubbish, understands)

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Craig said:
That is a very valid point.

Incidently how many matches has Murali played against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh?
Firstly, congratulations to Murali - the man is a true champion.

Of his 88 Tests:

2 vs Ban, 20 wickets at 10.45
12 vs Zim, 73 wickets at 17.09

tooextracool

International Coach
SANZ said:
And i notice some people are just too jealous to accept the fact that Murali is the highest wicket taker (Spinner) and has done it in 20 fewer tests.
pakster said:
lol...IMO he (murali) is probably the best spinner at the moment (or for the last 10 years for that fact!!), he has single handedly led a sri lankan attack devoid of any other decent bowlers and still manages to take wickets.
Shane warne is supported by the likes of mcgrath, gilespie etc which definatley releived the pressure from his shoulders!
Murali on the other hand has a lot of pressure on his shoulders to bowl well, as he is sri lankas only genuine strike bowler!!
how is that helpful?if he has support bowlers like mcgrath and gillespie arent those bowlers just about as likely to take wickets and consequently reduce the number of wickets that warne can get. murali has no support, so clearly he is more likely amongst all the bowlers to take wickets and if a batsman gets out he'll probably get out to murali.

pakster said:
so in summary..

Murali > warne
just looking at home/away averages i found that murali averages 20.29 at home and 27.14 away while warne averages 26.16 at home and 24.86 away. i think those statistics say alot.....the fact that murali plays half his test matches on those pitches that turn half a mile certainly bolsters his average and has helped him to get to 519 quicker than warne.if warne had played half his test matches in SL instead of those flat easy paced wickets in australia then he too would have got to 519 at around the same time(btw warnes average in SL is 20.46 which is just about as good as muralis while his away average is even better.)
my point is not to say that warne is better than murali....its a point that can be argued for and against....but clearly theres enough to suggest that they're equal and that the guy who started this thread was definetly trying to create another flame war!

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
:confused1

This has absolutely got nothing to do with Murali's equaling the most test wickets ever! :offtopic:

twctopcat

International Regular
Hmmm, seemed the hope of this thread not descending into another slagging match between warne and murali lovers didn't last long, not even a day! We've all heard the "what if" arguments about these two but they count for nothing and at the end of the day they'll both be remembered as masters of their arts. Let's just leave it at that or close the thread coz this thread wasn't meant to be about that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Do you think there would be?. IMO I think more people are jealous of Warne. Most of Muralis groupies have a distinct hatred for Warne because of his lifestyle.
Jealous of Warnie's Life style ?? :lol: What would that be spending night in brothels of australia or harrasing the nurses in hospitals of australias or may be having a phone *** with a 45 year old or sticking his tongue under a teenager....the list could go on and on..and you are the only one seems to be impressed by all this, Not me. Try again.

Scallywag said:
You must admit Warne has the looks and personality to live the life you could only dream of. Murali on the other hand could do with a visit from the "Queer eye for the straight guy" crew. Oh and he should stop hiding behind Ranananantungas skirt.
When it comes to Personality, it's a no contest Murali beats warnie hands down. And no I am not a GAY(No Offence to anyone) to be impressed by his looks and Personality.
As for hiding, I would say that Warnie shold stop hiding under ACB officials skirts. They can't save him any more. :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
twctopcat said:
Hmmm, seemed the hope of this thread not descending into another slagging match between warne and murali lovers didn't last long, not even a day! We've all heard the "what if" arguments about these two but they count for nothing and at the end of the day they'll both be remembered as masters of their arts. Let's just leave it at that or close the thread coz this thread wasn't meant to be about that.
Oh well. It were nice while it lasted - for both posts...

Closed to prevent another state-restate flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.