• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations Dan Vettori

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
to be completely honest i think paul wiseman is a better bowler than vettori on his day a wonderful high traditional right armers action if givin teh right pitch in the last innings i feel he could wreak havok. if his batting was as good as vettoris. not to say wiseman cant bat he much improved. well i think that if wiseman had played as many tests as vettori he would have as many wickets. and who said mushtaq ahmed was better than vettori very incinsistent at international level turns the ball less away from the right handers than vettori and vettori is a finger spinner. Greame Hick was and is a county bully with teh bat like mushtaq with the ball. their international carreers have been huge disapointments.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Woody_cloudofsm said:
to be completely honest i think paul wiseman is a better bowler than vettori on his day a wonderful high traditional right armers action if givin teh right pitch in the last innings i feel he could wreak havok. if his batting was as good as vettoris. not to say wiseman cant bat he much improved. well i think that if wiseman had played as many tests as vettori he would have as many wickets. and who said mushtaq ahmed was better than vettori very incinsistent at international level turns the ball less away from the right handers than vettori and vettori is a finger spinner. Greame Hick was and is a county bully with teh bat like mushtaq with the ball. their international carreers have been huge disapointments.
Wiseman cant spin the ball, his flight and variation are horrible and as my Coach who was coaching manager at NZC for a decade and worked with wiseman says he has a target area of about a fifty cent peice wheras Vettori can land a good ball in an area of nearly 1yard by 1yard+.

thierry henry

International Coach
crickhowell said:
Wiseman cant spin the ball, his flight and variation are horrible and as my Coach who was coaching manager at NZC for a decade and worked with wiseman says he has a target area of about a fifty cent peice wheras Vettori can land a good ball in an area of nearly 1yard by 1yard+.
Wiseman spins it AT LEAST as much as Vettori.

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
i dunno who your coach is and what he says paul wiseman is rated highle by Venkat my uncle srinivasa venkatraghavan uncle says he is a dying breed of off spinner who bowls with a traditonal off spinners action. Man wiseman turns it a hell of a lot for an off dpinner i dunno what you are talking about but if one of the greates spinners of our country can say hes a good bolwer than i dun c where u are coming from. By the way wiseman took 9 for 11 in an innings last season.

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
it would be hard to justify selecting a guy with those kind of figures but he has always played a supporting cast to vettori. He gets a game on a dust bed so he can turn the ball into the right handers while vetori takes it the otehr way purely a tactical option by the kiwi management usually on the subcontinent, he is too old now and probably wont get to many more games for NZ and is not a better bet than vettori by any strech of teh imagination however he is a veteran and can bowl with a lot of guile lets give him that.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
Woody_cloudofsm said:
i dunno who your coach is and what he says paul wiseman is rated highle by Venkat my uncle srinivasa venkatraghavan uncle says he is a dying breed of off spinner who bowls with a traditonal off spinners action. Man wiseman turns it a hell of a lot for an off dpinner i dunno what you are talking about but if one of the greates spinners of our country can say hes a good bolwer than i dun c where u are coming from. By the way wiseman took 9 for 11 in an innings last season.
on a final day pitch against a weakened batting lineup. it was a great bowling effort but i think one of the reasons vettori is underratted by some is because he carried the new zealand bowling attack over the last 2 years so hes always going to go for a few

thierry henry

International Coach
*drags up old argument*

How in God's name has Vettori carried the NZ attack, when, with the exception of one series against Australia, and some games against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe (which don't count), he has been completely ineffective compared to almost every regularly picked medium pacer?