• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL** Cricket Web Awards

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
I am not sure if this idea has been floated around before but what would everyone think of the idea of having Cricket Web Awards at either the end of each month or year? The Cricket Web Staff Members could be judges or forum members could vote for judges..It's only an idea..Peoples thoughts?

Also carrying on from that what would be some categories you would like to see included? I will get the ball rolling but mentioning a couple of obvious ones.

1) (CC)Poster of the year - Pretty self explanitory. Poster that demonstrated greates understanding towards cricketing issues

2) (OT)Poster of the year - Poster who contributes the most constructive or funny or insightful comments etc in Off Topic

3) Funniest Post of the year

4) Best post of the year

5) Best thread created that sparked the greatest constructive debate in both CC and OT

6) Worst post of the year or most idiotic post of the year

7) Best argument/ debate between two or more members this year.

8) Most passionate member towards their country highlighted by blatent bias in their posts this year

They are a few.. Be creative and see what you guys can come up with

Langeveldt

Soutie
It would be good for the staff members to get together.. I see on Planetcricket, there are awards given out next to the avatars..

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
It would be good for the staff members to get together.. I see on Planetcricket, there are awards given out next to the avatars..
Go for it I say. Langeveldt i gather from this that you are keen on the idea?

nibbs

International Captain
1) (CC)Poster of the year - Pretty self explanitory. Poster that demonstrated greates understanding towards cricketing issues - Agemaster

2) (OT)Poster of the year - Poster who contributes the most constructive or funny or insightful comments etc in Off Topic - Langeveldt

3) Funniest Post of the year -

4) Best post of the year - Circumsision debate thread, first post

5) Best thread created that sparked the greatest constructive debate in both CC and OT -

6) Worst post of the year or most idiotic post of the year - Nikhil, Sorry for being lame (what was it titled again???)

7) Best argument/ debate between two or more members this year. - nibbs vs. broncoman - in the silly things thread

8) Most passionate member towards their country highlighted by blatent bias in their posts this year - marc71189 imo

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Good stuff Langeveldt

Those by no means would be the only categories..just the ones i quickly wrote down off the top of my head. More category suggestions are definetly encouraged..

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think everyone should vote in a thread on the off topic forum. Leaving it just to the staff members does not do justice to everyone. There is no guarantee that their tastes would be representative.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sir middle stump said:
I think everyone should vote in a thread on the off topic forum. Leaving it just to the staff members does not do justice to everyone. There is no guarantee that their tastes would be representative.
But it'd be a mess if everyone votes in one thread, and hell for the judges to sort through them all.

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
andyc said:
But it'd be a mess if everyone votes in one thread, and hell for the judges to sort through them all.

What judges? If everyone votes, there is no judging committee. Everyone just has to follow a pre determined format for listing their choices. Any of the staff members can then do the counting. Or a non staff member could volunteer.

Cloete

International Captain
ooh, ooh Another game! Another game!

How about best avatar and best signature?

I vote for me for best avatar!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
ooh, ooh Another game! Another game!

How about best avatar and best signature?

I vote for me for best avatar!
Another Game is the worst thread...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
Another Game is the worst thread...
Well.. it's not perfect, I mean it'd be ALOT better if you didn't post in it 502 times!

In fact, I think that'd solve all the problems! Yes... another game is the best!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
Well.. it's not perfect, I mean it'd be ALOT better if you didn't post in it 502 times!

In fact, I think that'd solve all the problems! Yes... another game is the best!
dont **** me andrew...