• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary Bloopers

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Lets post some commentary bloopers here.

I started this thread because of what Rameez Raja said in a WC game when Misbah hit a six.

"Best part of this slogging is that it is not slogging". WoW

And this one from Rohan Gavaskar during a domestic match I had seen long time back,

"He is a gonzo"(when a batsmen got out)

Please share such gems on this thread. You will come across many in the WC.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lets post some commentary bloopers here.

I started this thread because of what Rameez Raja said in a WC game when Misbah hit a six.

"Best part of this slogging is that it is not slogging". WoW

And this one from Rohan Gavaskar during a domestic match I had seen long time back,

"He is a gonzo"(when a batsmen got out)

Please share such gems on this thread. You will come across many in the WC.
R. Gavaskar says that gonzo thing all the ****ing time, he's a terrible commentator.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Another one from Rameez Raja

“These two showed how to do it safely! This partnership is an example of how to do it safely.”

OverratedSanity

" Hafeez is pushing smoothly. His partner Jamshed is satisfied today"

"The way Steyn releases those throbbing balls is a sight"

"I don't know why the bowlers are bowling yorkers here. Yorkers are not a wicket taking option" (In the 19th over of a t20)

"MCullum makes the bowlers fear for their lives" (barely a day after Phil Hughes' death)

All Ramiz

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tony Grieg's excitement was legendary. "Great shot. No it's not, it's out!"
Healy has definitely been guilty of that before. Exclaiming how wonderful a shot was that he thought was sailing for six, only to be caught on the deep midwicket boundary.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
can't remember exactly how it went, but something like this

'so that's 61 needed off eleven hours, and it doesn't take a calculator to figure out the run rate required is 5.1818'

Chubb

International Regular
Mine was in the 06-07 Ashes when Ponting ran a quick single to mid-off and the fielder got a direct hit on the throw.
"Oh, that's poor field placing, and good running from Ricky Ponting," Bill Lawry said.
Ponting was run out by a few inches.

Howe_zat

Audio File
"MCullum makes the bowlers fear for their lives" (barely a day after Phil Hughes' death)

All Ramiz
That immediately sprung to mind for me. He literally said "I don't know why Southee isn't bowling more bouncers in these conditions" in the very first session of cricket after the event.

OverratedSanity

That immediately sprung to mind for me. He literally said "I don't know why Southee isn't bowling more bouncers in these conditions" in the very first session of cricket after the event.
Yeah Ramiz in that test match had a series of amazingly uncomfortable moments. When Danny Morrison is completely dumbstruck you know it's something remarkable.