• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket XI - XII

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rather than complicate matters with another venue for club cricket, I've decided to return to the basic - Australia, England, USA, Trinidad and Tobago. However, there will be 2 new clubs joining the T&T competition and 1 joining the USA competition, meaning that there will be sufficient opportunities for at least 60 cricketers.

Signup Form:

Name:
Club of application:
Email:
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling):

Please follow instructions listed at each signup desk (ie signup post).
You may sign up for more than one club in more than one country, but please list in order of preference. You may not sign up for more than 3 clubs and will be signed by the first available club you have listed.

NB - Players will be APPROACHED to play in England or Australia. You don't sign up for those.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Come play cricket in...
Trinidad and Tobago

SUPER CUP CRICKET

The following clubs are available with their specifications listed. Please apply only to clubs looking for your player type and fill out the entry form as instructed above. Players with Trinidad and Tobago passports do not qualify as foreign signings and as such, Anthony Lezama, Gareth Gooljar and Liam Camps jr. may sign up for the Super Cup without taking any of the spaces listed below.

San Fernando Thunderbirds
5 players: 3 batsmen, 1 spinner, 1 pace bowler

Princes Town Pirates
2 players: 1 opening batsman, 1 spinner

Port-of-Spain Porters
4 players: 2 pace bowlers, 2 top order batsmen

Port-of-Spain Towers
4 players: 1 spinner, 3 batsmen

Marabella Maroons
3 players: 1 allrounder, 1 spinner, 1 batsman

Toco Flashes
2 players: 1 pace bowler, 1 allrounder

Mayaro Medusas
4 players: 2 spinners, 2 batsmen

Laventille Bandits
5 players: 2 batsmen, 2 bowlers, 1 wicketkeeper-batsman

Mr Mxyzptlk

Come play cricket in...
USA

AMERICAN LEAGUE CRICKET

The following clubs are available with their specifications listed. Please apply only to clubs looking for your player type and fill out the entry form as instructed above. Players with a US passport may play for one of these clubs without taking one of the places listed below. Please state whether you qualify.

New York
4 players: 2 batsmen, 2 pace bowlers

Texas
4 players: 3 batsmen, 1 spinner

Atlanta
2 players: 1 allrounder, 1 bowler (pace or spin)

Indiana
5 players: 3 batsmen, 1 pace bowler, 1 bowler (pace or spin)

Maine
3 players: 2 pace bowlers, 1 wicketkeeper-batsman

Washington
4 players: 1 spinner, 1 opening batsman, 1 pace bowler, 1 batsman

California
3 players: 2 batsmen, 1 bowler

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Unrelated I know. But why is there no California team? Its the 2nd strongest (possibly 1st) area in the US behind NY and is so big and good it is broken up into 2 regions for US domestic comps

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Name: Sean Bennett
Club of application: Laventille Bandits
Email: insuchaspin @ hotmail dot com
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling): To learn how to bowl again.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Goughy said:
Unrelated I know. But why is there no California League? Its the 2nd strongest area in the US behind NY and is so big and good it is broken up into 2 regions for US domestic comps
The USA and T&T leagues are entirely fictional to allow for the most possible opportunities for CW cricketers.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Unrelated I know. But why is there no California team? Its the 2nd strongest (possibly 1st) area in the US behind NY and is so big and good it is broken up into 2 regions for US domestic comps
Don't complicate the matter :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The USA and T&T leagues are entirely fictional to allow for the most possible opportunities for CW cricketers.
Ill drop the matter after this post as apart from my gripe everything else looks good.

Fictional or not, how is there no California team? The regions/states mentioned are not close to being representitive of the US (East coast and South bias).

As its my home state and I played rep cricket there I cant beleive that the biggest state in the US cant have a team when some of the other cricketing irrelevant places do.

TBH, its a shame as a US passport holder and eligble to play the choices available look wierd.

As I said Liam, this is one small gripe (despite feeling strongly about it). Everything else looks good and please dont take it as me being unappreciative of your efforts. Pls see it as a recommendation for improvement rather than a criticism. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Name: Dave Richards
Club of application: San Fernando Thunderbirds
Email: dave.p.richards at btinternet.com
Intentions: Try and do something in OD cricket, make sigificant contributions with ball in the longer form/

Mr Mxyzptlk

Goughy said:
As I said Liam, this is one small gripe (despite feeling strongly about it). Everything else looks good and please dont take it as me being unappreciative of your efforts. Pls see it as a recommendation for improvement rather than a criticism. :)
Fair enough. California added as an option.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Name: Xavier Rose
Club of application: New York, San Fernando Thunderbirds
Email: xaverose13 @ hotmail .com
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling): To improve in all factes of my game i.e batting and bowling but specifically bowling in both forms of the game and to develop into a more reliable lower order bat.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Name: Alex Crampton
Club of application: Texas, Maine
Email: alex_crampton at yahoo dot co dot uk
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling) Truckload of runs

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
Name: C R Butler
Club of application: Atlanta
Email: cbts99@hotmail.com
Intentions: All rounder, ben getting a bit of a bowl for CW latley, and i would lie to improve my ability to be a geniune 5th or 6th option for the team

I will accept a Australian or English contract first though

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Name: MT Mitchell
Club of application: New York / Maine
Email: mtm_01@hotmail.com
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling): Bowling needs improving, if possible i'd like to up the batting average from minimal to 10.

Last edited:
Name: Justin Rodgie
Club of application: New York, Texas, Indiana
Email: rusty_492 at hotmail dot com
Intentions : To become consistent with bat(Possibly getting more versatile by batting in all positions in the Top and Middle Order) Work Hard to become a first change bowler and Top Order/Middle Order Bat

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Name: James Stedman
Club of application: New York, Washington
Email: henri.porte [AT] gmail [DOT] com
Intentions (ie what you hope to accomplish there. eg improved bowling): Become the top runscorer for New York via several centuries. Wicketkeep whenever I can (I would have chosen one of the clubs which needed wicketkeepers but thought that wasn't fair on Chaulk/Crampton/Burke and such).

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohh... no Dutch clubs, which means I can't continue playing at Haag.

So in that case...

Name: Andy Cameron
Club of application: Maine, New York, Indiana
Email: andycameron60 at hotmail dot com
Intentions: More consistency in my bowling, especially in one day cricket, and I hope to improve my batting, to the point where I can contribute 15+ runs every innings