• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket *Offseason 8-9*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to let people know that things are still going as planned for the moment. Club cricket will start after the 'A' tour and the following teams will be available:

Trinidad and Tobago
Super Cup Cricket

San Fernando Thunderbirds
Princes Town Pirates
Port-of-Spain Porters
Marabella Maroons
Toco Flashes
Mayaro Medusas
--------------------
Australia
Pura/ING Cup Cricket

Western Australia
Southern Australia
Queensland
New South Wales
Tasmania
Victoria
--------------------
England
County Cricket

Essex
Yorkshire
Durham
--------------------
America
American League

New York
Texas
Atlanta
Indiana
--------------------
Holland

Voorburg
Haag
Quick
Amstel
Excelsior'20
Hermes DVS

The English players have already been selected for approach by the various counties and will be emailed shortly by the CWBCC.

Watch this space for more info. over the next few days.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Just clearing this up.. if we apply for a FC team and get rejected can you then go and apply for a lesser team like Haag or sumthnig like that? Or is it just a chance you take by trying to get inot the Australian Circuit?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
kears_falcon_9 said:
Just clearing this up.. if we apply for a FC team and get rejected can you then go and apply for a lesser team like Haag or sumthnig like that? Or is it just a chance you take by trying to get inot the Australian Circuit?
It's best to apply for both an Australian and another club as a safety.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm hoping Tasmania would like to have me back again this season. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Hobart last season, and would love to get another crack at Ian Harvey.

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm also hoping that Victoria would want me again. I had such a great time with the Vics last year and I was quite successful as well. I'd like to go to Victoria again, unless it clashes with an International Tour.

If I was to get an email or an invitation to an English County, I'd take it up in a hearbeat as well.

:)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Agreed with Kyle and Sangrah - would love to return for WA this coming off season, took some bulk 1D wickets last season, and I wouldn't mind taking a few more this season after crap 1D devs.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well i will go apply to go play for my home town club Voorburg :) but for safety i apply for Southern Australia too

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
well i will go apply to go play for my home town club Voorburg :) but for safety i apply for Southern Australia too

the Dutch league is less restrictive, you are highly likley to get in there, unlike Australia where you virtually have no chance of getting a contract.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
I'd like to go to India and play international cricket.

Failing that, a stint in Europe wouldn't be bad...
My understanding is that the senior squad in India will miss the first part of the club season, and join up with their respective sides for the latter portion.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
the Dutch league is less restrictive, you are highly likley to get in there, unlike Australia where you virtually have no chance of getting a contract.
Sour grapes?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
San Fernando! San Fernando!! San Fernando!!!!

I hope Dave's ban doesn't include CW XI

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBH i don't care where i play i just want to play some cricket, i see next to no chance of getting into Australia, so i would like to show some interest in playing for Haag. I prefer to play in Holland over Trinadad or America, so if i can't play for Haag then any other Holland side will be nice.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Hey i guess this is where you sign up for Club Cricket. It said in the 1st page to sign up for an Australian side then a another club. So i would like to go for New South Wales and Excelsior '20

Status
Not open for further replies.