• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Claire Taylor retires

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Certainly a great career.

The NZ captain, Aimee Watkins, retired today as well, coincidentally. One of our better players.

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah she was a good player for them. I haven't watched too many games but I reckon she was one of their key players with the bat.

I like the English womens team, I find Sarah Taylor to be reasonably cute and a couple of others aren't bad either. Moving onto cricket, yeah good team.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hmm, "love" not the word I'd use...

Anyway, yeah, it sucks that she's retiring. Has a claim to be the best batswoman ever, not just England's.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
You ***ist bastards!!! :mad: You should be focussing on the skills they bring to the game rather than their looks. Stop objectifying women cricketers in this fashion!

Claire was a top-notch performer. May she have a good retired life.

Btw, C. Taylor doesn't look all that appealing to me. Katherine Brunt has an arse to kill for and Elysse Perry and Sarah Taylor have the best all-round package in the game!

Himannv

International Coach
England will have some trouble replacing Claire taylor. Luckily they still have Sarah Taylor. She's quite good with the bat herself.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bigger picture please. Would like to have a closer look at her... stance. :ph34r:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Good servant for Otago cricket over the last few years too. I'm sure she'll enjoy her retirement.