• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chucker Fallacy

There is no such thing as a "chucker" in cricket. Let's get that straight. "Chucking" is merely an Aussie bad sportsmanship beat up reaction when the Aussie Team finds they are having difficutly beating another team or suspect that they will have difficutly down the track.

Muralithiladingaling has no more a dodgy action than does Brett Lee or Glenn McPlod. If you knew anything about physics then you would realise that when any bowler builds up speed in excess of 2kmph then attempts to roll the arm over it is impossible to chuck the ball. And even if chucking was permitted it would be a shortlived idea as you only have to go through the stats to find that 99 per cent of fieldsmen miss the stumps when they chuck the ball.
 
Last edited:
Think you'd be meaning quarrellous there ScallyWag. But you've got to admit - all teams appeal whenever a batsmen is clearly not out. All parties guilty.
 

Scallywag

Banned
The same could be said that there is no bad umpiring its just a catch cry for bad sportsmenship by other countries sick and tired of their team being belted by the Aussies all the time. There is no such thing as a bad decision because the scorebook allways reflects what the umpire says.

:D :D :D
 

C_C

International Captain
According to the law of cricket, the overwhelming majority of the bowlers are chuckers.
What i dont like is unecessary scapegoating of someone when he is no better and no worse than others in the chucking department.
 

Scallywag

Banned
Pinkline Jones said:
Think you'd be meaning quarrellous there ScallyWag. But you've got to admit - all teams appeal whenever a batsmen is clearly not out. All parties guilty.
I took that quote straight off cricinfo.

Plagiarism is my forte.
 
LOL Scallywag - Plagiarism is a fine and noble art.

Here's another defintion of chucking I found in cyberspace:

"In computer and telephone use, chucking is the process of discarding a small piece of hardware by violent means, such as hurling it out a window, against a wall, or into a body of water. The term can also apply to devices tossed into active fireplaces, camp fires, or brush fires. Any type of hardware can be chucked, but this solution is employed most often in cases where a cell phone user, disgusted with poor performance or inadequate coverage, comes for a brief moment to the conclusion that the device is the bane of life. A person who chucks a piece of hardware is called a chucker. "

This opens a whole new can of worms.
 

Son Of Coco

Hall of Fame Member
Pinkline Jones said:
LOL Scallywag - Plagiarism is a fine and noble art.

Here's another defintion of chucking I found in cyberspace:

"In computer and telephone use, chucking is the process of discarding a small piece of hardware by violent means, such as hurling it out a window, against a wall, or into a body of water. The term can also apply to devices tossed into active fireplaces, camp fires, or brush fires. Any type of hardware can be chucked, but this solution is employed most often in cases where a cell phone user, disgusted with poor performance or inadequate coverage, comes for a brief moment to the conclusion that the device is the bane of life. A person who chucks a piece of hardware is called a chucker. "

This opens a whole new can of worms.
I think the can of worms was opened again upon starting this thread.
 
Yerss indeed - an interesting point the young man Coco raises there. Speculation is one thing but let's not forget the words of the great Paul Robeson "I get weary and sick of trying" but not once does he whinge about chucking no matter which late night kebab shop compromises his hopes for an uninterrupted sleep.
 

Son Of Coco

Hall of Fame Member
Pinkline Jones said:
Yerss indeed - an interesting point the young man Coco raises there. Speculation is one thing but let's not forget the words of the great Paul Robeson "I get weary and sick of trying" but not once does he whinge about chucking no matter which late night kebab shop compromises his hopes for an uninterrupted sleep.
From what I've witnessed on numerous occasions, my good man, is that late night Kebab's and chucking often go hand-in-hand. Admittedly the introduction of the bent elbow often comes many hours earlier in these instances but still......it cannot be denied that, one way or another, a bent elbow and the resultant chucking are somewhat related in that case.
 

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Son Of Coco said:
From what I've witnessed on numerous occasions, my good man, is that late night Kebab's and chucking often go hand-in-hand. Admittedly the introduction of the bent elbow often comes many hours earlier in these instances but still......it cannot be denied that, one way or another, a bent elbow and the resultant chucking are somewhat related in that case.
LOL

And if the garlic sauce doesn't kill you, the conspiracy theorists sure will
 

Camel56

Banned
Interesting point Jonesy. IMO this chucking can not be tolerated. The Ronald McPlods in their yellow with black maltese cross coloured uphill gardening suits can spew forth all the dribble they like about every bowler in history chucking. The fact is, Muralithiladingaling as you so beautifully called him is a chucker of the highest orded. Its just bad plodsmanship if you think otherwise.
 

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Did you start this thread so you can get a nice argumant going ****wit?

as scallywag puts its

"No ball" poor lil Muralithiladingaling
 
Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Pinkline Jones said:
Think you'd be meaning quarrellous there ScallyWag. But you've got to admit - all teams appeal whenever a batsmen is clearly not out. All parties guilty.
what the hell has that got to do with your previous statement?
 

Top