• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Schofield on the dole!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Wasn't that allot to do with the fact that they had Keedy in the side and they played allot of fast bowling all rounder, plus Hopper bowled allot of spin too.
If he can't be asked to bowl ahead of those 2, I can see exactly why he was released.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd say someone averaging 30 with bat and ball is easily good enough and certainly some of the comments about him being a disgrace to county cricket are way, way OTT.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
I'd say someone averaging 30 with bat and ball is easily good enough and certainly some of the comments about him being a disgrace to county cricket are way, way OTT.
I know that he didn't impress everyone at Old Trafford with his attitude, but the limited amount of bowling he's had in the last year or so still seems very strange to me. I'm surprised that no other county has come in for him - I struggle to believe that they all have a better spinner on their books.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
A number 7 who isn't good enough with the ball?

How many of them are there around?
I blame England for that, and the lack of Leg Spin Coaches of which there are only 2

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Richard said:
he's not a disgrace for county cricket, he just wasn't good enough

Craig

World Traveller
SpaceMonkey said:
He's **** and is right where he deserves to be. To say he would be good enough for County cricket would be an insult to all English cricket.
And Kadeer Ali and Gareth Batty are?

(will be interesting to see what happens as he has left Worcestershire, will he suddendly be useless?)

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Craig said:

(will be interesting to see what happens as he has left Worcestershire, will he suddendly be useless?)
they are good enough for county cricket not test match or international

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
12th Man said:
they are good enough for county cricket not test match or international
Why is it that Schofield (2423 runs @ 29.91) is not good enough, but Kadeer Ali (810 runs @ 19.28) is?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wpdavid said:
I know that he didn't impress everyone at Old Trafford with his attitude, but the limited amount of bowling he's had in the last year or so still seems very strange to me. I'm surprised that no other county has come in for him - I struggle to believe that they all have a better spinner on their books.
The limited amount of bowling he had was sensible TBH - did you see him at the tail-end of 2003? Could barely hit a length - Full-Tosses and Long-Hops all over the place. Line was fine, but he'd just lost his flight, trajectory and length.
But I fail to see how no-one can be prepared to give him a go - because if he can get it back he's a useful bowler.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Kadeer and Schofield are differnet players.... Kads will get better i just wish that Worcester kept him

Space Monkey comments about Schofield are near slander... he record in County Cricket suggests that he is good enough

if worcester never had khalid and Price i would have loike Schofield

chris.hinton

International Captain
Richard said:
The limited amount of bowling he had was sensible TBH - did you see him at the tail-end of 2003? Could barely hit a length - Full-Tosses and Long-Hops all over the place. Line was fine, but he'd just lost his flight, trajectory and length.
But I fail to see how no-one can be prepared to give him a go - because if he can get it back he's a useful bowler.

Schofield is a useful bowler granted but he too Twirliy Wherly and thats his problem,

Marc who hates leg spin is probley enjoying Schofield demise, Leg spin is a hard art to master that why Warne can never be classed as over rated, Trust me i dont know much about leg spin but when you have two brother who bowl it, you know it hard to master that why they have to be given a chance... and sadly Armchair fans like marc will never let that happen

Oh and My brother seems to get out kadeer every Sunday

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know whether Marc hates legspin, but there's no denying it's incredibly hard to bowl it to county standard, never mind international, and very few manage to.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Marc who hates leg spin
Where have I ever said I hate leg spin?

Considering that one of my all time favourite players who I love to watch is a leg-spinner.

chris.hinton said:
Oh and My brother seems to get out kadeer every Sunday
No wonder you rate him so highly (!)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chris.hinton said:
Schofield is a useful bowler granted but he too Twirliy Wherly and thats his problem
Twirliy Wherly???
That a technical term is it, Almighty spin guru? 8-)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Craig said:

Ive never rated Kadeer Ali, you're confusing me with Hinton :)
Gareth Batty's county record is perfectly resonable (especially considering the pitch he has to bowl half his games on).

So whats your point? :)