• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Schofield on the dole!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
He's suing Lancashire for unfair dismissal, too

Terrible shame :( One of the most talented leg spinners in the world left to rot in the Central Lancashire league :down: ...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't know about the in The World bit, but yes, a great shame... was looking like turning into a pretty decent bat, too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm really not in the mood for your masters, Sean - so you'll forgive my realism on the issue...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With the lack of spin bowling depth around England i would be surprised if he doesn't get a contract of a team in the near future, probably not this season but after.

a massive zebra

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
With the lack of spin bowling depth around England i would be surprised if he doesn't get a contract of a team in the near future, probably not this season but after.
He was never much good even at county level, they just hyped him up and fast tracked him into the England team because the selectors thought wrist spin was the answer and Schofield was the only young English legspinner at the time.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
a massive zebra said:
He was never much good even at county level, they just hyped him up and fast tracked him into the England team because the selectors thought wrist spin was the answer and Schofield was the only young English legspinner at the time.
Well i wonder what county level is then when these other spinners are still playing county cricket:
R Dawson: 141 wkts @ 41.1
G Batty: 196 @ 30.2
I Blackwell: 156 @ 40.9
G Swann: 290 @ 31.3
G Keedy: 363 @ 32.7

None of these records are that much better then Schofield's:
C Schofield: 171 @ 31.3

If these guys are county level then what makes u say Schofield isn't.

chris.hinton

International Captain
it is really sad for someone to fall from grace, he will pick him self up though. i surpised that Lancashire have not offered him a coaching job or that another county picking up or that a central lancashire side making him a pro

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
The fact that he hardly ever bowled last year, even though playing games.
Wasn't that allot to do with the fact that they had Keedy in the side and they played allot of fast bowling all rounder, plus Hopper bowled allot of spin too. Anyway he didn't do too bad with the bat playing just as a batsmen in the ODs. I really would be surpised if he gains his confidence back in Central Lanshire Leagues he isn't playing county cricket in the near future.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
He's **** and is right where he deserves to be. To say he would be good enough for County cricket would be an insult to all English cricket.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
He's **** and is right where he deserves to be. To say he would be good enough for County cricket would be an insult to all English cricket.
I think you're way over teh top there, he averages a touch under 30 with the bat in FC cricket, and averaged over 30 the last 4 seasons, if thats an insult to English cricket then half the players in the country are....