• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chernobyl- HBO Miniseries

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh, although very good, the part surrounding the three divers bugs me, mainly because they didn’t volunteer, they were just on duty at the time. The heroic volunteer idea undercuts the Soviet narrative of the entire series, that participants in the whole ordeal just glumly accepted their fate because the choice not to wasn’t there.

Imagine how disturbing the ‘1000 years of sacrifice’ speech to a room full of dudes who didn’t have a choice would be, even if that aspect didn’t happen. Some puffed-up party official is standing in front of you saying “I spit on the people who did this and I curse the price I have to pay” to the people he’s forcing to pay it. Minor nitpick perhaps but I’d have thought it far darker than what the show gave us.