• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charlie Davis - Trinidad and West Indies

chasingthedon

International Regular
Yet another tour de force, Martin. What an amazing story, great that he is so upbeat despite his personal circumstances.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I have no recollection of ever seeing him play. Considering they chose Ron Headley for the 73 tour to England it's a shame he wasn't available.

chasingthedon

International Regular
As to Davis' Test value...

In my pieces on Important Runs, I found that a total of 13 players in all of Test cricket history maintained an average above 60 in important innings (i.e. when his team was either behind or level). The list is shown below:-

111.60 Bradman
69.78 Headley
68.79 Kambli
68.63 Mead
65.02 Ponting

64.51 S Smith
64.11 Sutcliffe
63.94 C Davis
63.61 McCabe
62.57 Hutton

62.52 G Pollock
61.14 Barrington
60.67 Subba Row

I think I would say his value is confirmed.