• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel Nine - Warne In; Chappell, Greig Under Pressure

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
armchairumpire said:
They talk too much! Have you noticed how Richie says more with less?
not these days. He thinks he says more with less, but he is actually saying less with less these days. And that less is rather biased as well.

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anyone but Nicholas is fine. I would rather have the commentary in Ukrainian than have to listen to that twit carry on. Hands down, the most annoying man ever to step into a commentary box.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Joao_Quinto said:
Anyone but Nicholas is fine. I would rather have the commentary in Ukrainian than have to listen to that twit carry on. Hands down, the most annoying man ever to step into a commentary box.
I disagree, I think Mark Nicholas is a very good commentator and is very articulate and sounds delightful to listen to, perhaps its his accent I'm not sure but I thoroughly enjoy listening to him. My personal favourite commentator as he speaks with grace and ease.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Joao_Quinto said:

i agree with that

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Nicholas is excellent at the on-camera stuff, but keep him out of the box please. How about a bit of the old Mike Walker?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Perm said:
I disagree, I think Mark Nicholas is a very good commentator and is very articulate and sounds delightful to listen to, perhaps its his accent I'm not sure but I thoroughly enjoy listening to him. My personal favourite commentator as he speaks with grace and ease.
Yes but I don't want to listen to a man speak articulately with all style and no substance. I don't care about his vocabulary, I care about what he has to say regarding the game, and really the only thing he's capable of doing is hyping up whatever is going on making it seem like its the most incredible thing he's ever seen in cricket.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
He speaks a load of ******** in a ***** accent.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I think he has always been one, to be honest. One of the most ridiculously biased commentators in the world, up there with the Symcoxes, Sidhus, Athertons, Rameez Rajas.

But he does bring in a bit of excitement to the game.
I don't think Atherton is particularly biased.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
An interesting thing I heard a few months ago was Richie Benaud commentating just after his retirement and I have to say he had a weird resemblence to Mark Nicholas.

Benaud was condemning John Snow and he was all like,"Snow is acting like a primmadonna of a South American football side, not a cricketer." In short, he was trying to sound articulent and elegant. It didn't work.

Now he's the most famous and respected cricket commentater ever. He's crickets John Madden.