• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Career Averages that dont do justice

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I find it funny how much people diss Mo Yo and Mahela.Yes they are not in the same class og Lara,Sachin,Ponting but one quality both have is when they get in on a sub cont track they don't just make runs they keep plundering them and royally **** you.Its a quality they have and they should both be appreciated for it.
Probably why they aren't rated that much.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ya, runs on English and Aussie tracks worth twice.
You love playing that card don't you.

I basically mean wickets that you know, actually bounce, seam, and stuff. Not just the ability to play well in dust bowls as other better well-rounded batsmen can.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
You love playing that card don't you.

I basically mean wickets that you know, actually bounce, seam, and stuff. Not just the ability to play well in dust bowls as other better well-rounded batsmen can.
Some people in this forum are biased like hell. We all unanimously agree that players who could do well on all the surfaces are great. but such players are few in a generation.

But the problem is the thought that batsmen who are poor on dust bowls > batsmen who are poor on green tracks. That is why the card is played so often. Unless they are regarded as similar weakness debate will go on.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
But the problem is the thought that batsmen who are poor on dust bowls > batsmen who are poor on green tracks. That is why the card is played so often. Unless they are regarded as similar weakness debate will go on.
Probably because it's allot more difficult to bat on a green pitch then it is to bat on a dustbowl.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Some people in this forum are biased like hell. We all unanimously agree that players who could do well on all the surfaces are great. but such players are few in a generation.

No my problem is batsmen who have great averages from plundering on a certain type of pitch but nevertheless failing on others, typically only batting well on their home tracks. This has nothing to do with race or dustbowls<green tracks. It's the fact that the average of some batsmen become highly inflated from scoring heavily on one certain type of wicket. Stop thinking the whole world is against the sub-continent. The same thing was said of Pontings failures in India. It works both ways.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
No my problem is batsmen who have great averages from plundering on a certain type of pitch but nevertheless failing on others, typically only batting well on their home tracks. This has nothing to do with race or dustbowls<green tracks. It's the fact that the average of some batsmen become highly inflated from scoring heavily on one certain type of wicket. Stop thinking the whole world is against the sub-continent. The same thing was said of Pontings failures in India. It works both ways.
Then KP > Jayawardane should be baseless.:laugh:

I am ROFLMAO!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Then KP > Jayawardane should be baseless.:laugh:

I am ROFLMAO!
wtf. Another **** post from someone who trolls every thread crying poor about how everyone is against the sub-continent and that Australian posters are inherently racist and biased, despite the point I'm trying to make which is a valid one - that batsmen with high career averages gained from one type of track, typically the one prevalent at home, while failing at others, do not deserve their career average. Almost every thread you speak in involves some sort of racial mention and its ****ing useless.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
wtf. Another **** post from someone who trolls every thread crying poor about how everyone is against the sub-continent and that Australian posters are inherently racist and biased, despite the point I'm trying to make which is a valid one - that batsmen with high career averages gained from one type of track, typically the one prevalent at home, while failing at others, do not deserve their career average. Almost every thread you speak in involves some sort of racial mention and its ****ing useless.
Touche. Where did you pick up that hallucination?:laugh:

Now why is that standard not applied universally?

I am LMAO:laugh:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

It's allot easier facing 140kph+ bowlers on a greentop then it is facing 80kph spinners on a dustbowl, isn't it?
140 and 80 does not mean much if you are a good player. For you and me, yes, we'll be ****ting in the pants when playing a 140+k bowler. But not international batsmen.

Now add the varaible bounce on a dustbowl. Anyone with some decent cricket exposure will know that pace is less problematic than inconsistent bounce.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
140 and 80 does not mean much if you are a good player. For you and me, yes, we'll be ****ting in the pants when playing a 140+k bowler. But not international batsmen.

Now add the varaible bounce on a dustbowl. Anyone with some decent cricket exposure will know that pace is less problematic than inconsistent bounce.
And you ironically ignore the variable bounce factor on a greentop. I can tell you from experience, it's allot easier to face a spinner on a pitch with variable bounce then it is facing a quick bowler on a pitch with variable bounce.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Touche. Where did you pick up that hallucination?:laugh:

Now why is that standard not applied universally?

I am LMAO:laugh:
Do you want me to go back through your posts selecting all the ones that hint at how hard done you are by those mean racist posters? Because I gladly will too prove it.

And I do apply it to batsmen universally. Like before, I mentioned Pontings record in India as a severe blight on his career.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
And you ironically ignore the variable bounce factor on a greentop. I can tell you from experience, it's allot easier to face a spinner on a pitch with variable bounce then it is facing a quick bowler on a pitch with variable bounce.
Then it's not a uniform green top. It is a patched-green top, and that is regarded as a bad wicket. But the inconsistent bounce of a dust bowl is inherent.

And lateral deviation of spin takes place closer to the eyes than in fast bowling. If you have any experience playing spin off the pitch and you are honest enough to admit it, you'll know that reaction time does not differ much with a fast bowler.