• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the Trivia Guru Title?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A rip off from the cricket guru thread I started. It has been liked by many people and Neil's thread on the craving for random trivia played a part in thinking about this thread.

It goes like the cricket guru thread. One question asked at a time. Person to answer gets the title of Trivia Guru and asks the next question. If a question is not asked by the new CW Trivia guru within 24 hours, the original guru reclaims his title and asks the next question.

Elementary really.

P.S. - Try not to be too trivial even though its trivia. :)

Q1) Which tennis player famously/infamously said "Grass is for cows"?

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
That quote has been attributed to both Lendl and Rios. I just googled and found that it was originally coined by Manuel Santana.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
shankar said:
That quote has been attributed to both Lendl and Rios. I just googled and found that it was originally coined by Manuel Santana.
Okay. Since you answered first and correctly, you win the title and not Dave. Go ahead with the next question.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Who is the only character ever featured on The Simpsons with five fingers on each hand?

sorry didn't see Pratyush last post, feel free to ignore my question

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
The origin of this word is as follows:

In ancient times, at an intersection of three streeets in Rome (or some other Italian place),they would have a sort of bulletin board where news was posted.You might be interested in it, you might not.

Which word?

shankar

International Debutant
The publication of the first supplement of the Oxford Dictionary was postponed for one particular reason. What?

shankar

International Debutant
Clue 2: The first supplement was published in 1933. The delay was to include the definition of a new word (a cricketing term).