• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricket Guru title challenge

I thought of an interesting game. I will ask a question on cricket and the first person to answer it correctly gets the title of 'Cricket Guru of Cricket Web' The person with title of 'Cricket Guru' will have to ask another question in return soon enough (within 24 hours else he concedes the title to the previous winner!). This can work great I hope.

So I declare myself 'Cricket Guru of Cricket Web' till any one can answer this question correctly -

'Adrian Kuiper was the first South African in South African cricket history to achieve which cricketing feat?'

(pretty tough question coz I dont want to concede my title 'that' easily :) )

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He did play in the inaugral one dayer for South Africa vs India in the Eden Gardens. But he did not bat number one. He batter number 5. So thats not the cricketing feat I am talking about :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
He was the first player to hit three sixes off the last two balls of a one-day international (off McDermott, I think) - note I said 3 sixes off 2 balls:D

I know it's not right but I remember that (ex-Derbyshire player)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk that was awesome. I was thinking I will have to change the question to an easy one coz no one would get the right answer. Kuiper was the first batsman in South African cricket history to hit a six in one day internationals.

So you are now the official Cricket Guru of Cricket Web

Ask a question soon and I cant wait to take the title away from you :).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many runs did Conrad Hunte take off Fred Trueman's first over of the 2nd Test match at Lord's in 1963 between the West Indies and England?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How many runs did Conrad Hunte take off Fred Trueman's first over of the 2nd Test match at Lord's in 1963 between the West Indies and England?
Twelve runs.