• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Second hint : Its about NewZealand as a team not an individual players or their achievements.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hint Three : NewZealand is one of the two countries that is probably most likely to have achieved this.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Amount of players used?
NO.

I think since everyone is moving further and further away, I mightas well give the answer.

NewZealand have played the first odi for every calendar year, consecurively for each of the last ten years.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Ok, without checking, which country scored the most number of Test double-centuries in the last quarter of the last century ( 1975 to 2000 ) ?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'll do this logically.

South Africa - been out of it for most of the time
England - crap
New Zealand - can't manage to score 200 as a team...
Sri Lanka - spent a lot of the time being crap
Zimbabwe - spent the vast majority of the time being crap
Bangladesh - spent the whole time being crap
Pakistan - a bowling team, really

I'm going to go for India.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll guess Sri Lanka.

Atapattu 6, Sangakarra 6 there'd be heaps more..

Even Brendon Kuruppu got a double!

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Righto ! It's Pakistan with 20 double centuries

JMiandad(6), Zaheer(2), ShoaibMohammed(2), QasimOmar(2), MohsinKhan, TaslimArif, Mudassar, AmerSohail, SaleemMalik, WasimAkram, Inzi and IjazAhmed 1 each.

Followed by Aus (17), WIndies(13), India(11), England(9), SLanka(9), SAfrica(4), NZealand(3) and Zimbabwe(3)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps bumping this up might spark the topic again.

Heres a question for you - What was unusual about Lawrence Rowe's 302 for the West Indies against England in Bridgetown in 1973-74?