• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can athletic stadiums be reformed to Cricket stadiums?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Do the IAAF-standard athletic stadiums have enough space for the ICC-standard Cricket oval, if track is removed? Could you tell me the ICC's standard for Cricket oval? :cool:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Nope they are a bit smaller, although If I remember correctly Australia once managed to do that by removing some spectator seats. I don't exactly recall the standard size either but it was somewhat close to at least a 60m boundary from the center of the pitch for the sides and bit more for the straight.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting idea.

I like your avatar and the word four on it.

What are your thoughts on intentional four balls in baseball? Apologies if this has been asked before. If you can provide a video of it that would be much appreciated.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
"The playing area shall be a minimum of 150 yards (137.16 metres) from boundary to boundary square of the pitch, with the shorter of the two square boundaries being a minimum 65 yards (59.43 metres). The straight boundary at both ends of the pitch shall be a minimum of 70 yards (64.00 metres), measured from the centre of the pitch to be used. In all cases the aim shall be to provide the largest playing area, subject to no boundary exceeding 90 yards (82.29 meters) from the centre of the pitch to be used. "

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Has a Japanese gum ball ever been tried in cricket?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
On a related note, the ECB were pondering a proposal for hiring London's modern Olympic Stadium (West Ham's current venue) and using drop in pitches for this new city thingy they are designing, for a London franchise. Apparently Surrey had earlier shown interest in a similar scheme. I was also reading the other day that Packer hired machines from Cannabis growers for growing his drop in wickets in World Series Cricket!!