• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can any one tell me what the hell Ponting is talking about ?

Shri

Mr. Glass
But what i dont get is how you people are making such a big deal out of it. Why should you care about a cricketers personality??. All we as cricket fans should care about is what they do on cricket field.
Wait. What do you mean 'you people'?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Ponting has found a supporter in Shaun Pollock who stated today (during commentary on the Eng v SA match) that much of the test cricket played in India was dull because it wasnt a fair contest between bat and ball :laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why would he be called names ? He is entitled to his opinion as opposed to Ponting who is making statements as If he is the ICC Commissioner.

Maybe Ponting forgot to watch the India-Lanka test series last month. He might have missed the fact that there were 2 results out of 3. Hey 2 out of 3 - isn't that the number of results Australia managed against the 8th ranked team ? Not sure what Ponting's point is. He is the first one to go running to the ICC when turning tracks are made calling them unfair. A load of tosh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Didn't he just lose a 4 match series 2-0 in India?

Anyway, he is right. India need more pitches like Kanpur. Four day Tests, learn to play spin on a cracking pitch if you want to beat India in India tbh. Hate the borefests, though they are intersperced by some very good matches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, that's the last time he has played on the pitches he is commenting on. India won by 320 and 180 runs respectively, while he scored 5, 2, 24, and 8 in those two matches on such borefest pitches :p.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but you know, if in the summer of 2006 I made a post saying we had 'just' won the Ashes I'd have been panned :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It has taken Ponting only 15 years of International cricket to realize that Subcontinent has more drawn tests than elsewhere.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't he just lose a 4 match series 2-0 in India?

Anyway, he is right. India need more pitches like Kanpur. Four day Tests, learn to play spin on a cracking pitch if you want to beat India in India tbh. Hate the borefests, though they are intersperced by some very good matches.
And get a quality pace attack that knows the reverse swing the ball. See WI 70s & 80s, AUS 2004 & SA 2000..