• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can a country play only ODIs and/or T20Is??

Francis20520

Cricket Spectator
Can a country not play test cricket and only play ODIs and T20Is???

Taking it further can a country play only T20Is??
Say they don't want to play test or ODIs.
They want to concentrate only on T20Is.

Does the ICC allow this??

Francis20520

Cricket Spectator
What countries play only T20Is and how are the matches scheduled??

Because for a tour normally you have at least 2 tests, 3 ODIs and 1T20I.

So how do countries who only play ODIs and/or T20Is get their tours???

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Zimbabwe took a break from playing tests for a while. You simply don't schedule games in the format the team does not play. So Zimbabwe series used to be just ODIs and T20Is during that time.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
The ICC rankings include 12 Test-playing countries, 20 ODI-playing countries and 85 T20I-playing countries. (All the Test-playing countries play ODIs, and all the ODI-playing countries play T20Is).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
@Red Hill yep except there's doubt whether the Intercontinental Cup (i.e. the international Tests that somehow aren't Tests) will go on post-CoVID and post-big 3 coup (also a bit brutal on India 1932-83 but i guess that's the nature of cricket history)