• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cameron White

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Just wondering people's thoughts on him, hes only 23 years old and is starting to mature with bat and ball. Anyone think he is a possibility to play test cricket or will he just be a 1 day player? IMO he is the best 23 yr old or younger we have in Australia and should replace Symonds as soon as possible as i believe his technique is much better and can bowl some handy leggy's which are improving all the time. Previous to this year he used to get starts of 30's and 40's and give away his wicket softly but he has really matured as a player and the stint at Somerset as seen him come back a much improved player.

brockley

International Captain
I dunno what his future holds 1 hell of a promising cricketer tho,i know one thing somerset sure want him back in a hurry.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
IMO he should have played in the 4th Test infront of Symonds, until Watson back he should get a run in the batting all rounder's spot. He should also make the ODI squad, batting at seven.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Not impressed with his bowling yet.. but it's just as good as Symonds.

I like his batting and i think he can force his way into the team Especialy the ODI team on the strength of that if he continues to improve like he has recently.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Eclipse said:
Not impressed with his bowling yet.. but it's just as good as Symonds.

I like his batting and i think he can force his way into the team Especialy the ODI team on the strength of that if he continues to improve like he has recently.
i think the fact he is a leggy means he is more likely to get a wicket than Symo..

however i hope he in the future is just as good as Afridi coz thats not good enough

he defiantely seemed to bowl really well last night in Adelaide

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH i think Australia needs "Cameron White the promising young Leg-Spin Bowler" more than they do "Cameron White the promising young Batting All-rounder who bowls a bit of leg-spin"

Barney Rubble

International Coach
His ability to clear the boundary is nothing short of astonishing. Not only did he score 141* in a Twenty20 game last season, but in a separate innings (of 116*) he hit Heath Streak into the car park while not wearing a helmet. :-O

Get him in the ODI side at 7.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
His batting definitely has something, even if he was playing his home matches on a road in our summer. Leg-spin's notoriously difficult to master too & he's only a kid in leggie terms really, so he has every chance in ODIs at least.

Doesn't seem to get an awful lot of turn for a leggie from the little I've seen of him, but then neither does Kumble & look what he's done for India.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
His batting definitely has something, even if he was playing his home matches on a road in our summer. Leg-spin's notoriously difficult to master too & he's only a kid in leggie terms really, so he has every chance in ODIs at least.

Doesn't seem to get an awful lot of turn for a leggie from the little I've seen of him, but then neither does Kumble & look what he's done for India.
White's leggies are definitely more in the Kumble/Afridi mould. Fast, flat and without much turn, but he's a giant of a man and should be able to extract fearsome bounce. I doubt he'll ever take many wickets at Test level, but I'd not be surprised if he turns out to be the next Andrew Symonds in ODIs.

Josh

International Regular
I'll go out on a limb and say Cameron White should be a shoe-in for the 2007 World Cup squad. If he doesn't make it, there's seriously something wrong.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Clapo said:
TBH i think Australia needs "Cameron White the promising young Leg-Spin Bowler" more than they do "Cameron White the promising young Batting All-rounder who bowls a bit of leg-spin"
the first is ideal

but id take the 2nd too

Legga

Banned
White should be playing at the M.C.G. today.
Symonds is a proven test failure.
White will be in the squad for the World Cup and this seasons O.D.I.s.
Hogg will be retired at the end of the World Cup IMO.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I like Mr Cameron White, He had a great season in the county championship (Including his 262*) and I would liek to see him on the international stage sometime soon

Salamuddin

International Debutant
BoyBrumby said:

Kumble was phenomenally accurate when he was a youngster thought....I've seen White....he isn't anywhere near as accurate.

open365

International Vice-Captain
What's his FC batting average like?

I saw him for Somerset when he he 141* not out and he looked more than handy, though it was against county bowling.

Still, could be the next Symonds imo.