• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CA Cup - Quarter Final & Marc Cup Teams

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Please Chris, look on the Website or on other threads before asking obvious questions!

Somerset have no game this week, but are willing to accept any challenges. Same Team as last time, a few minor batting order adjustments...

Trescothick
Lathwell
Flower
Bowler
Burns
Parsons
Holloway
Blackwell
Dutch
Caddick
Trego

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Please Chris, look on the Website or on other threads before asking obvious questions!
Yes Chris, its your duty to check out the site, to see who your up against.....
http://www.cricketweb.net/worldclubcricket/

Somerset have no game this week, but are willing to accept any challenges.
If you would like Neil, i could put ur team up against an international side???
Just let me know... and who ??? :D :D :D

[Edited on 7/1/02 by Gregory Blewett]

Rich2001

International Captain
Somerset have no game this week, but are willing to accept any challenges.
If you would like Neil, i could put ur team up against an international side???
Just let me know... and who ??? :D :D :D[/quote]

I sure he would love to play Australia ;) :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
With the SA side expecting a big weekend of games Manager Goff today announced that the side to take on hosts Warwickshire, would comprise alot of 2nd teamers...
In a bid to rest alot of his stars many expect Goff to play his Stars i only 1 game over the 3 game series.....
The team for the 1st game was announced a little earlier...
It is:

1/ B.Johnson
2/ N.Adcock
3/ M.Miller (c)
4/ C.Davies
5/ B.Higgins
6/ G.Manou (wk)
7/ M.Smith
8/ J.Vaughan
9/ B.Young
10/ B.Swain
11/ P.Rofe

So a very inexperienced and weak looking side but Manager Goff is quietly confident that the boys will perform well...
Asked whether his team could win the Invitational he quickily brushed the idea saying that his expectations were just to perform well and the rest would come.....
:D :D :D :D :D

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Neil,

The Glamorgan side will give you a run.

Maynard, Croft, Hemp, Cherry, James S, Newell, Dale, Akram, Wharf, Thomas S, Cosker

GB is it possible to stop Croft from bowling. He's just plain awful. 2 games ago he bowled a full 10 and S Thomas didn't bowl any. If it can't be changed that's fine.

Rich2001

International Captain
A slight change of plan Iam affrid guys, I don't think that I will be able to post for a few days (till friday) as I didn't think I will be able to get to a computer with the net.

Also

Well I have been thinking that it would be silly just to play my second team vs WA, as it wouldn't give a true picture of how they played so I have decided to play my second X1 for all three games but with a different batting order for each so heres an updated version.

Kent v WA

J.Tredwell
J.Golding
G.Jones+
M.Banes
A.Louden
E.Smith*
R.Ferley
J.Hewitt
A.Khan
D.Masters
B.Trott

(Pinch Hitting Approch)

Kent vs SA

M.Banes
A.Louden
J.Tredwell
E.Smith*
G.Jones+
J.Golding
R.Ferley
J.Hewitt
A.Khan
D.Masters
B.Trott

(Regular)

Kent vs Warwickshire

M.Banes
E.Smith*
A.Louden
J.Tredwell
G.Jones+
J.Golding
R.Ferley
J.Hewitt
A.Khan
D.Masters
B.Trott

(Regular)

jaganjai

Cricket Spectator
TN TEAM

S.Ramesh (BAT)
S.Sharath (BAT) (CAPT)
J.Madanagopal (BAT)
S.Saravanan (BAT)
H.Badani (BAT) (Wkt. Kpr)
R.Singh (ALL)
S.Sriram (BOWL)
S.Mahesh (BOWL)
A.Kapoor (BOWL)
L.Balaji (BOWL)
W.Balaji Rao (BOWL)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil,

The Glamorgan side will give you a run.

Maynard, Croft, Hemp, Cherry, James S, Newell, Dale, Akram, Wharf, Thomas S, Cosker

GB is it possible to stop Croft from bowling. He's just plain awful. 2 games ago he bowled a full 10 and S Thomas didn't bowl any. If it can't be changed that's fine.
Challenge accepted! :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok thats i done deal, there will be a friendly match between Somerset and Glamorgan..... :D :D :D :D :D

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Here's the Northen Districts Team for the games. Am not sure if we are actually playing but here's the team anyway!!
:P

H Marshall
M Parlane
M Bailey
M Hart
R Hart
G Aldridge
D Tuffey
G Bradburn
S Stryis
D Vettori
J Yovich

* B Martin and J Marshall are still not considered for the team due to injury. Both players have stress fractures of the feet and will return in Round 8 (Subject to fitness tests). Team Management said today.

[Edited on 7/2/02 by Eyes_Only]

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
After announcing the side for their 1st Marc Cup match earlier in the week SA selectors and Manager Goff have announced the remaining 2 sides for the tournament, The side to take on arch rivals Kent is as follows...

1/ G.Blewett
2/ B.Johnson
3/ C.Davies
4/ N.Adcock
5/ G.Manou (wk)
6/ B.Higgins
7/ M.Smith
8/ J.Vaughan
9/ B.Young
10/ B.Swain
11/ J.Gillespie

Whilst the side to take on WA includes more regular stars...

1/ D.Fitzgerald
2/ M.Miller
3/ D.Lehmann
4/ R.Harris (wk)
5/ B.Johnson
6/ M.Smith
7/ B.Young
8/ P.Wilson
9/ M.Harrity
10/ P.Rofe
11/ P.McIntyre

The SA board said that they wanted to give the reserve players a run but also wanted to keep the regulars match fit...
Giving most just the 1 game.....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
the nsw side has had a very good week in preperation to the ca cup 1/4 final.

the side is as follows

1 m waugh
2 b haddin (keeper)
3 c richards
4 m bevan
5 s waugh (c)
6 s lee (vc)
7 m higgs
8 d thornley
9 b lee
10 s macgill
11 g mcgrath

solid side with most guys hitting form so should be a good match

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The much anticipated Hamshpire squad has come in

Manager : We are looking for a win , its going to be tough... but...

I : It will be an intersting game , Queensland are top of the table and havent lost a single game

Manager : Ive promise all my players double salary and a free holiday trip to the Bermuda Triangle , they are extremely excited .

Hamshpire Squad to Play Queensland

Hamblin
Johnson
Kenway
Pothas
Smith
Crawley
Kendall
C.Van der Gutch
Moriss
Mulally
Tremlett