• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BYE Bye Afghanistan and Ireland.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Good on the BCCI. This championship sounded a complete load of bollocks.

What's that got to do with Ireland and Afghanistan's test status?
Because this '9-3' thing is dependent on Ireland and Afghanistan being admitted to the ranks.

brockley

International Captain
No It was a wise crack,sorry.
Some English fans believe they train the Irish from their youths,then they should commit themselves to England,if they want to play test cricket.
I'd say this 9/3 thing is now dead in the water,and Ireland will go backwards afterwards,no young Irish coming through in the counties,bar a few.

S.Kennedy

No It was a wise crack,sorry.
Some English fans believe they train the Irish from their youths,then they should commit themselves to England,if they want to play test cricket.
I'd say this 9/3 thing is now dead in the water,and Ireland will go backwards afterwards,no young Irish coming through in the counties,bar a few.
I do not agree with the Irish playing for England. I think they should play for Ireland. I think Ireland and Afghanistan should gain test status but that test championship sounded like something written on a beer mat.

brockley

International Captain
Its all about money.
ICC cut its big share and BCCI said no we are not playing ball.
And not only will we block that we will a cut but 9 /3 test status,because sri Lanka and Zimbabwe don't like it,and will also vote for India to keep its money.

Thats it Ireland are screwed they will be another Kenya in 3/4 years if the ICC doesn't act.
Apart from the occasional Irish/scott you notice Counties are not signing them anymore.They are signing S Africans instead enmasse.
Theirs not many of them playing 2nds either,altho their will be some Irish in the University games,if they are good enough.

ICC now totally screwed.

brockley

International Captain
Zimbabwe is an Indian vote like Sri Lanka,and sometimes Pakistan,West Indies and Bangladesh,they have no spine.
I see these teams blocking 9/3 and getting more tours.
India doesn't even play tests with Zimbabwe,Zimbabwe happy with one dayers vs India C teams.

This is the dawn of the new era,that is,no way forward,no way back.
I'd say this means the 1 nation one day league is out.
And we stick to boards organising bi lateral tours.

I already heard Australia want to replace their tests vs Bangladessh with one dayers.
This is a sad day for cricket.

S.Kennedy

I do not think they should get rid of anyone based on form. If we are going off 'form' Sri Lanka thumped Australia 3-0, and Bangladesh drew with England 1-1 (and could have won 2-0 in all honesty). Should we demote Australia and England? Pakistan have thumped everybody at 'home'. Besides, all sides are allowed a period of overwhelming ******ness. Heck, England certainly would have had their test status stripped in the 1990s if we are seriously discussing demoting teams on form with any kind of honesty!!

Give Ireland and Afghanistan their (due) test status. Ireland, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe playing against each other regularly.

cnerd123

likes this
I think we need to stop expecting the BCCI, ECB and CA to protect cricket in all the other countries, and instead start expecting these country's boards to protect themselves.

If the cricket board of a country can sell the sport to it's own people then they should be blamed for that, not the Big 3.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do not think they should get rid of anyone based on form. If we are going off 'form' Sri Lanka thumped Australia 3-0, and Bangladesh drew with England 1-1 (and could have won 2-0 in all honesty). Should we demote Australia and England? Pakistan have thumped everybody at 'home'. Besides, all sides are allowed a period of overwhelming ******ness. Heck, England certainly would have had their test status stripped in the 1990s if we are seriously discussing demoting teams on form with any kind of honesty!!

Give Ireland and Afghanistan their (due) test status. Ireland, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe playing against each other regularly.
It's not form based. Bangladesh have gone from atrocious to atrocious with an occasional win. They're no further along than they were when they were given test status. You don't say "Oh they won one test, they must be the requisite standard now". It's bull ****. They beat Australia in an ODI in 2005. WTF have they done since of any note in that format? Bugger all, aside from beat up on the ****test other teams around occasionally. Zimbabwe is a basket case. Has been since the early-mid 2000s.

They've both had their shot. Brush them and let them reapply. Get Afghanistan and Ireland in. If they don't do any better, bin them after a decent run at it too.

If you have four minnows (effectively five with the Windies atm, and there's a question as to whether they ought to get binned as well) you end up like boxing, where perennially mismatched opponents get sanctioned to have fights in order to make a buck despite those contests making a mockery of the sport.

the big bambino

International Captain
Also a stretch likening England's run in the 90s with BD and Zimbos. Eng just ran into an ATG Aus team but still managed to pick up wins, produce some fine players and compete with other sides internationally. If BD and Zimbos achieved as much at any point in their history I'd be encouraged to persist with them. Atm they are barely decent at LO cricket. I think its fair to restrict them to that even though in the shorter formats they are barely marketable. If they are to be scheduled tests I'd block them all in as home games but allow BD excursions into the SC. At least they are competitive there.

S.Kennedy

Also a stretch likening England's run in the 90s with BD and Zimbos. Eng just ran into an ATG Aus team but still managed to pick up wins, produce some fine players and compete with other sides internationally. If BD and Zimbos achieved as much at any point in their history I'd be encouraged to persist with them. Atm they are barely decent at LO cricket. I think its fair to restrict them to that even though in the shorter formats they are barely marketable. If they are to be scheduled tests I'd block them all in as home games but allow BD excursions into the SC. At least they are competitive there.
You think so? They plummeted to bottom of the rankings in 1999, I think having been beaten by the Black Caps!!

Countries who beat England in a test series during the '90s,

- Australia (five times)
- Pakistan (twice)
- India
- Sri Lanka (twice)
- West Indies (twice)
- South Africa (twice)
- New Zealand

And that is pretty much both home and away!

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we need to stop expecting the BCCI, ECB and CA to protect cricket in all the other countries, and instead start expecting these country's boards to protect themselves.

If the cricket board of a country can sell the sport to it's own people then they should be blamed for that, not the Big 3.
No it's certainly not their job to promote cricket in other countries. What they are getting criticism for though is their actions that prevents other teams to develop cricket in their regions.