• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brutal Hitters

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Most brutal hitters in world cricket at present?

May I start the list with Albie Morkel?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mark Price.

Never heard of? No, thought not.

Chances are the same's true for all the biggest hitters too.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Most brutal hitters in world cricket at present?
May I start the list with Albie Morkel?
"Brutal" is far too uncouth a word to apply to Morkel's hitting. It is unviolent, nigh graceful and wholly without the savagery that marks the majority of long-distance sluggers. Even "hitter" is a misnomer, ignoring as it does the fluency with which he glides through the ball.

At any rate, I should much prefer the adjective "clean": if anyone fits that description, it is he.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The difference between a brutal hitter and a clean hitter is that for the brutal hitter even an edge will soar over the boundary. When players with the strength of Symonds or Oram swing away that can happen.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Take your pick from McCullum, Morkel, Symonds, Hayden, Oram, Pietersen, etc etc.

Personally if push came to shove I'd take Andrew Symonds.