• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brilliant Ishant

Xuhaib

International Coach
What a champ **Claps**

Best Indian seamer since the great Kapil Dev, this lad has it all Pace, bounce, seam, swing. The most complete bowler I have seen in ages.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a champ **Claps**

Best Indian seamer since the great Kapil Dev, this lad has it all Pace, bounce, seam, swing. The most complete bowler I have seen in ages.
Didn't you say that about AA, Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth, Ashish Nehra, RP Singh (voice trails into distance)

;)

jeevan

International 12th Man
Didn't you say that about AA, Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth, Ashish Nehra, RP Singh (voice trails into distance)

;)
Well, it does seem that Ishant (potentially so, perhaps)> Zaheer MkII > Sreesanth, RP > Irfan > Nehra > AA, Zaheer mk I. So there is absolutely no contradiction in the above. All of these folks, at that point in time, were the best Indian seamer since Kapil.

On a serious note though, there is more than one goood thing about Ishant, which was not the case with some of these folks. (Zaheer mk1 was known for his yorker, Irfan for his inswinger etc). Ishant can: swing the ball, has good bounce, already has good angle variations, can bowl long spells. Etc. Dont remember so many adjectives all at once with some of these folks and sometimes when pony learned a second trick, it forgot the first one. (Munaf, became accurate but lost a lot of pace).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Me praising him will ruin him8-)
No, but if the media and cricketing fans across the world take your short-sighted aproach and say he's the best Indian seamer since Kapil Dev, and the most complete bowler they've seen in ages, that will ruin him. FFS, something I really hate about cricket is this kind of attitude. He's very promising, but stop creaming your pants over him.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No, but if the media and cricketing fans across the world take your short-sighted aproach and say he's the best Indian seamer since Kapil Dev, and the most complete bowler they've seen in ages, that will ruin him. FFS, something I really hate about cricket is this kind of attitude. He's very promising, but stop creaming your pants over him.
LMAO.

Just because I made a thread on a good young bowler does not mean I am creaming my pants all over him. If you dont want to praise him since you feel lavish praises will ruin him8-) then GTFO and stop ruining this thread, this thread is for those who want to say positive things about the lad

Perm

LMAO.

Just because I made a thread on a good young bowler does not mean I am creaming my pants all over him. If you dont want to praise him since you feel lavish praises will ruin him8-) then GTFO and stop ruining this thread, this thread is for those who want to say positive things about the lad
I've praised him enough in other threads, and I think he's a very talented bowler. I'm sorry, but comments like

Best Indian seamer since the great Kapil Dev, The most complete bowler I have seen in ages.
are just way too excessive. Seems you're very short sighted too, as Mohammad Asif also received similar praise from most people when he burst onto the scene.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I've praised him enough in other threads, and I think he's a very talented bowler. I'm sorry, but comments like

are just way too excessive. Seems you're very short sighted too, as Mohammad Asif also received similar praise from most people when he burst onto the scene.
I said most complete bowler. I love Asif but Ishant edges him due to being more pacy then him, Ishant is more like a young McGrath.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good on Ishant, love his bowling, hope he forges out a terrific career for India.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

If Perm was any further up the vast cavernous area that appears to be his self-importance, he'd be struggling to breathe.

Perm

:laugh:

If Perm was any further up the vast cavernous area that appears to be his self-importance, he'd be struggling to breathe.
I doubt I'm the only one that thinks what I've expressed in this thread.

Beleg

International Regular
and Voltman's hardly the only one who thinks what he's expressed in this thread.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

;)
Understand your point (and its valid), but I'd just like to say that until this Australian tour about 2 people praised RP Singh on these boards. Even after his awesome tour of England people didn't realise how much he's improved, and when he first burst on the scene he didn't get as many plaudits as the others you mentioned.

Only two bowlers from that list have been failures to be fair.