• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara destroying Spin Bowlers

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kim Hughes hitt some massive bombs in his time and want overly tall. Dougie Walters too. I saw Hughes hit a Bedi into the top deck of the Members Stand in the 77/78 series. Still one of the biggest hits I’ve seen live, albeit I was at a pretty impressionable age.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Alec Stewart was tall? From memory I think he seemed to be rather tall but obviously I have only seen him live once.

TheJediBrah

Gilly is about six feet tall I think.
At least. I thought he was a bit taller. 6 feet is about average height for a man and he always looked taller than most.

*average height is probably less but people under 5'9 shouldn't really count

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm 181 which is not quite 6 feet (5'11 and change) but I just say I'm 6 feet because I thought till I was 17 or something that 180 = 6'0 and you can't let go of something like that that late in life. :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm 181 which is not quite 6 feet (5'11 and change) but I just say I'm 6 feet because I thought till I was 17 or something that 180 = 6'0 and you can't let go of something like that that late in life. :ph34r:

Exactly why I thought I was 5' 11" or something. We r juz too lazy to actually look cms to feet and inches, aren't we? :laugh:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
At least. I thought he was a bit taller. 6 feet is about average height for a man and he always looked taller than most.

*average height is probably less but people under 5'9 shouldn't really count
There was a time where a good proportion of the fastest bowlers in Australia were short AF

vcs

I'm a bang average 5'8". Would gladly have taken a couple more inches (:naughty: etc) but considering my parents are both 5'4" or thereabouts, I guess I can't complain too much.

trundler

I'm a bang average 5'8". Would gladly have taken a couple more inches (:naughty: etc) but considering my parents are both 5'4" or thereabouts, I guess I can't complain too much.
Was the gardener 6'0" by any chance?