• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara destroying Spin Bowlers

PramodMn

Cricket Spectator
Brian Lara has always been a great player of spin. Shane Warne once famously said "You bowl 6 balls to Lara, He will hit it in 6 different places. Here's a instance where Danish Kaneria tries to Sledge Lara and gets destroyed instead.. Danish Kaneria walks to Brian Lara,sarcastically says to Lara 'well played Brian’ & Lara replied 'okay sir'. What followed that event was a rain of boundaries and a lesson to Kaneria that you should never sledge a legend..

Video Link :

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I already posted this video in another thread, but Lara love is always good. I approve. Best test batsman I have ever seen. Steve Smith can be the next Bradman all he wants. Will never make batting be as ***y as The Prince. :wub:

PramodMn

Cricket Spectator
Brian Lara ended up scoring 216 Runs in that innings from 262 Balls, But Danish Kaneria had the last laugh

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Brian Lara ended up scoring 216 Runs in that innings from 262 Balls, But Danish Kaneria had the last laugh
Not entirely sure getting a guy out on 216 runs after he sees the score past 550 (gives his team a 200+ run lead) and makes 216 himself before skying one is "the last laugh".

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kaneria's great achievement was that test he won for Pak in India. Friggin Indian line up forgetting how to bat on the last day when a draw was there for the taking once again..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha to be fair to Kaneria he was getting smashed to all parts even before that sledge. Probably didn't help though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, ferocious power, amazing timing, nimble footwork and just about every shot in the book and an eye that was the sharpest in the game till he retired. Its like someone put together every single spinner's nightmare and created The Prince.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner not really known for big sixes though right?

When I think big sixes it's guys like Dhoni, Gayle, Afridi, Yuvraj

These days it's harder to judge because everyone seems to send the odd one 120m back, but Guptill's my personal favourite