• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brendon McCullum announced as England's test coach

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
I'm wondering how he will gel with the Jimmy/Broad clique once they're back in the side. Those guys have been a headache for just about everyone.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm wondering how he will gel with the Jimmy/Broad clique once they're back in the side. Those guys have been a headache for just about everyone.
Yeah this is an interesting question. Stokes already announced they're coming back before McCullum was appointed.

Also every other fast bowler in Great Britain is currently crocked. So they play the NZ series.

But I can't see McCullum giving them as much rope as Silverwood did if he reckons they're not on the same page as the rest of the squad.

Flem274*

123/5
he won't tolerate them putting themselves above the team, for better or worse. there weren't too many old hands in the team he captained.

so it will either go really well or keep the papers busy.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
But whose side will the establishment be on...Bmac may end up getting sacked after a very English lot ala KP. Either way, the onlineverse will be rubbing their hands in joy with the stories set to leak haha

jcas0167

International Debutant
Last edited:

slippy888

International Captain
Expect more one day cricket play batting wise in test cricket this will set English cricket back another 10 years

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I have to admit to knowing little about his coaching methods, but from the comments here if he's some sort of Mr Motivator who's going to be telling Rory Burns to "go out and play your shots son" my level of optimism is not high.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I have to admit to knowing little about his coaching methods, but from the comments here if he's some sort of Mr Motivator who's going to be telling Rory Burns to "go out and play your shots son" my level of optimism is not high.
you raise a good point, being why did they not offer the job to Mr Motivator