• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
Lads...

Words I never thought I would type ,,,but why did we not all smash Carlos fking Takam at 5.5 last night?

Yes he is rubbish but Tony Yoka should never be 1.16 against anyone that is not totally useless.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lads...

Words I never thought I would type ,,,but why did we not all smash Carlos fking Takam at 5.5 last night?

Yes he is rubbish but Tony Yoka should never be 1.16 against anyone that is not totally useless.
Is Yoka as bad as Audley?

social

Not saying that Tszyu is great but I won’t be surprised if he beats Charlo who is inactive & doesn’t live the life

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's an interesting fight. Both somewhat flawed but Charlo the better boxer, but tszu does have deceptively decent footwork

Good matchup

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Inoue-Fulton post-poned due to an injury.

Damnit.

Even when fighters aren't ducking it's hard enough to get them in the ring.

We're supposed to have a great year of boxing.

Usyk Fury
Beterbiev Bivol
Crawford Spence

Etc etc.

****ing sucks man.

Niall

International Coach
Usyk v Wilder would be a decent consolation. Dunno what Fury does instead, ideally he would fight Joyce, but he is busy.

I dunno maybe fight Chisora or Parker? :whistling

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's not going to be Wilder though is it?

It's going to be Daniel Frikken Dubois.

And then the next mandatory is Joe Joyce, who is a tough fight for anyone, particularly a 36 year old.

What's the bet Fury waits till just after the Joyce fight and then demands a fight in 3 weeks time?

social

Will be interesting to see where Fury goes from here

AJ is the biggest money but damaged goods so likely

Wilder is also a draw for suckers and is available after ducking Ruiz so also in the mix

Ruiz would actually be a good fight but too much risk

Joyce - no way

Niall

International Coach
Ruiz is nothing special, wasn't hugely impressive in his last fight against a 50 year old whatsoever, its not a gimme but Fury would expect to win that.

Joyce has a war coming up against Zhang so I can't see that happening unless Joyce drops him early which won't happen .

It would be a great fight but doubt Fury is keen.

Its possible he may sit on his arse and wait for Usyk and Joyce to go through a few wars and then try and give whoever no time to prepare and get it done that way.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Its possible he may sit on his arse and wait for Usyk and Joyce to go through a few wars and then try and give whoever no time to prepare and get it done that way.
This is 100% what he will do. Plus a Manuel Charr fight.

Expect a few retirements and comebacks against bums along the way.

Maybe the MH card will be pulled again.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting to see where Fury goes from here

AJ is the biggest money but damaged goods so likely

Wilder is also a draw for suckers and is available after ducking Ruiz so also in the mix

Ruiz would actually be a good fight but too much risk

Joyce - no way
He will fight the one true champion.

Manuel Charr.

social

Did anybody see the girl singing the Kiwi national anthem before Okolie/Light?

Only time I can recall a “pro” using cheat notes

Had to walk away

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Did anybody see the girl singing the Kiwi national anthem before Okolie/Light?

Only time I can recall a “pro” using cheat notes

Had to walk away
If they got you to not watch the fight then they did their job IMO.

That was awful. Okolie is just not very good. That jab and grab would have embarrassed even Wlad. Dude has nothing going for him other than his physical attributes. Should have been disqualified.