• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chief support for Parker and Fa was a guy that got knocked out by Audley Harrison 20 years ago and has more defeats than wins. Spark Sport got that annoying guy from the cricket presenting and a 7ft tall Amazon. Need Tuaman or Sonny Bill providing insight.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fa’s decent albeit with no pop. Parker needs the likes of Chisora and Whyte rematch. After the Hughie Fury fight, he shouldn’t be fighting spoilers unless it is for a title.

Niall

International Coach
Another win for Canelo. Apparently Billy Joe Saunders next in May.

Dire opponent last night for Canelo.

Not happy with the Saunders fight. Saunders who only a few weeks was taunting Mc Guigan over his dead daughter for daring to question Kinehan has a history of been a vile individual.

Even ignoring how scummy Saunders is, it shouldn't be that close. Canelo on another level these days.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Fa’s decent albeit with no pop. Parker needs the likes of Chisora and Whyte rematch. After the Hughie Fury fight, he shouldn’t be fighting spoilers unless it is for a title.
Parker needs a new coach.
He has a poor left hook that should've been fixed years ago. Doesn't turn it over properly.
Has forgotten how to put together combinations.
Smothers his own work when coming in.

Physically he has all the ingredients but clearly lacks desire and commitment. If he really wanted to be a world champion again he would have moved on to a new trainer who could teach him new things, just like the likes of Lennox Lewis and Tyson Fury did.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
whoops doubled up on this post

Josh Taylor vs Ramirez for all the belts. And it's not even PPV in the states. Amazing.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not seeing what's so scary about Benevidez. I don't think Canelo is scared of him. Actually think Canelo would KO him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Just a brief homage to the great man. Surely thee best first round ever fought.

Can’t believe he’s gone.Such a great fighter and man.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
^Bivol should headline ahead of all of those dudes even if he's fighting someone not on his level. And hey, Richards is the British champ so he's not a total bum or anything.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
^Bivol should headline ahead of all of those dudes even if he's fighting someone not on his level. And hey, Richards is the British champ so he's not a total bum or anything.
I watched Richards win the British title, he was excellent, but he could get hurt here as could Morrison against Eubank Jr. That fight is dangerous.
I don't think Richards will go as early or dramatically as Trent Broadhurst did but Bivol's legit and Richard's probably isn't even a top 20-30 in the world and only moved up to get beat by Frank Buglioni on short notice.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Okolie will be tough to beat. 6’6 with heavyweight power. Not the easiest to watch, the Askins fight was as bad as it gets, but I think if he moved up now, he would stop Whyte and Chisora.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Okolie will be tough to beat. 6’6 with heavyweight power. Not the easiest to watch, the Askins fight was as bad as it gets, but I think if he moved up now, he would stop Whyte and Chisora.

Reckon Briedis beats him at cruiserweight, but i doubt they make that fight.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of PPV, the undercard for Povetkin Whyte 2 is a shocker. Not Sam Solomon Sakio Bika 3 bad, that’s happening next week, but literally the only decent fights are the chief support and the scheduled first fight on the card which will probably be free on FB.

Over here we have Andy Ruiz having a tune-up fight on PPV. Boxing doesn’t help itself.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Cheeseman Metcalf was the chief support but that was a cracking fight. Cheeseman hurt and then 20 seconds later wipes out Metcalf. Cheeseman is 25 and will probably have no chin time he is 28. Had some tough fights.
British and European Super Welterweight scene is good value. No world beaters, the PBC guys wipe them all out, but so many good match ups and the fights deliver. If Tim Tsyzu doesn't want to go to world level, where it will be tough to get a belt, Castano is legit, he could do 12-18 months in the UK fighting these guys.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Big fan of Briedis but 36 now and 2 fights in 3 years isn't ideal. 6 years since he wiped out Charr at heavyweight.
yeah he's getting on a bit but I still reckon he's the better boxer and carries decent power too. Outboxing and dominating Dorticos the way he did somewhat recently makes me pretty confident he'd beat Okolie