• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bio Secure Covid Venues

Father Time

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England have done a pretty good job of putting on Test & International one day cricket through using venues which have a Hotel as part of the ground. Southampton, Manchester, & from memory I think Worcester also has a hotel & could be considered maybe? But what about the rest of the cricketing world, does this capability exist anywhere else? I really dont know about the other Test playing nations. Could there be a case of other countries having to come to England's safe venues in order to get series played? What is the position in other countries? I believe a hotel is being built at Newlands, but what about other places?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dubai is pretty covid-secure you would think, once you get in to those ridiculously air conditioned spaces. I dunno if they have a hotel at the ground but it would not surprise me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For the IPL, it seems like even travel between the different emirates has its own protocols over there in the UAE. But yeah, just based out of Dubai could probably work.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When the Tests this summer were arranged there were still heavy restrictions in place and the biobubble was essential to enable them to take place. Now there’s cricket going on all over the Country with lesser restrictions. It’s a bit unclear whether the onsite hotels and biobubbles need to be a thing everywhere.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m sure our Indian brethren will be thrilled to know the most covid-secure capital cities in Australia right now are Perth, Hobart, Brisbane and Adelaide (D/N).

Edit: Hobart probably ranks safest tbh.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m sure our Indian brethren will be thrilled to know the most covid-secure capital cities in Australia right now are Perth, Hobart, Brisbane and Adelaide (D/N).

Edit: Hobart probably ranks safest tbh.
I get why you're saying this and it's funny.

However, Brisbane might be heading downhill. Picking up 3 or 4 new infections a day in Brisbane. Still, that leaves Hobart, Adelaide and Perth.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I get why you're saying this and it's funny.

However, Brisbane might be heading downhill. Picking up 3 or 4 new infections a day in Brisbane. Still, that leaves Hobart, Adelaide and Perth.
They've just announced the AFL grand final will be there in Oct so Brisbane better get their **** together.

Travesty anyhow, the AFL grand final should always be at the MCG. If not, it should be in Perth or Adelaide. Or Tassie. One of the proper Australian rules states.

stephen

They've just announced the AFL grand final will be there in Oct so Brisbane better get their **** together.

Travesty anyhow, the AFL grand final should always be at the MCG. If not, it should be in Perth or Adelaide. Or Tassie. One of the proper Australian rules states.
I agree, just like Melbourne should never host the state of origin.

stephen

Entire Sri lanka is a COVID safe zone. All active cases are in confined hospitals, and foreign arrivals are quarantined in quarantine facilities. No community cases reported for last 60 days.
I'm really happy to hear that. Let's hope it stays that way unlike poor NZ.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm really happy to hear that. Let's hope it stays that way unlike poor NZ.
Up to now we have quarantined and released 40,000 people. Issue is we have 200,000 migrant workers from Middle east to come back. Unlike NZ, we cannot overburden our system, because the tertiary care facilities is truely limited. We are playing all our cards at primary prevention of the disease. So we will have the quarantine camps filled up for another six months unless a proper vaccine is produced.

Reactions: Red

stephen

Up to now we have quarantined and released 40,000 people. Issue is we have 200,000 migrant workers from Middle east to come back. Unlike NZ, we cannot overburden our system, because the tertiary care facilities is truely limited. We are playing all our cards at primary prevention of the disease. So we will have the quarantine camps filled up for another six months unless a proper vaccine is produced.
Honestly, whatever you have to do. It's fortunate that you're an island nation because that helps but it's always a gamble even with the quarantine.

Queensland health just announced they detected the remains of the virus in sewerage from an area with no known cases. It's a scary time. Stay safe and pray that the quarantine is effective.

But there is hope. So far the quarantines worldwide have saved millions of lives and we're that much closer to vaccines.

Reactions: Red