• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest sporting event...the 2005 Ashes or the 2005 Lions tour??

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
The title reads biggest sporting event.

Can some one explain how the ashes or lions wuold be bigger than the champions league with two english clubs in the semis and all the excitement when one of them plays in the finals with the prospect of winning?
Have another read of the thread title ....I think you'll find it clearly says "Biggest sporting event, the 2005 ashes or the 2005 lions tour??" , not just "biggest sporting event" , thus soccer is irrelevent. Try reading it again Pratyush. I'd never even attempt to argue that any british sport is more popular than soccer football.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
I guess it must be pretty depressing for you watching a rugby code with an international game of some consequence as opposed to league...

:D
haha, I watch both. League to see someone actually make a tackle, and the 'running game' in the vain hope that one day someone will actually run instead of kicking the **** out of it! :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
If I were single I probably would; I'd love to go & follow the tour. Unfortunately I can't see the other half being too overjoyed on me pi$$ing away £2 or £3k on a Rugger jolly! :D
It's time to ditch her - she clearly doesn't understand you.

:D