• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest jerks in Cricket

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
yeah i get it too, i was wondering actually why you would include Ian Meckiff who is from the 50`s, coz i doubt anyone could have seen his social behaviour lol

masterblaster

International Captain
Lol, Adam Gilchrist is an absolute champion, and one of the nicest guys in the cricketing world.

He's a true champion in World Cricket personality wise and cricketing skill wise too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FRAZ said:
HA
Shoaib jerks !!!
Nice Info ...
You're really defensive over Shoaib.

That being said, I like Shoaib :cool: Granted I've never had the opportunity of meeting him.

Swervy

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
Stephen Fleming. I have asked for his autograph 3 times and on each occasion he just said ''get out of my way.'' :@
he was probably worried about getting into a Warne vs Murali debate with you :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
la28 said:
Shoaib Akthar- u wonder whether he's a thug or just ********. tough call. Sanjay manjrekar said it best, "sometimes you question whether there's anything between his ears."
The Shoaib is maybe too enamored with his own ability (although sometimes, he actually backs this up), but, given some people's tales of players behavior when autographs are requested, he deserves some credit for saving a kid's life down here in Australia.

Apparently he was signing autographs outside the airport in Brisbane, and a child came running across the road. A speeding taxi was heading straight for him, and Akhtar grabbed him and hauled him quickly on to the footpath. The police were certain that if he hadn't grabbed the boy, he'd have been hit.

I agree with Mr Casson that it's easy to catch someone on a bad day, and it shouldn't necessarily be the final judgement as to their character - except for Arjuna Ranatunga, who surely is a pr_ck of the highest order.

KennyD

i nagree, you can catch some cricketer on a one off bad day, then brand him an ass for life, but concerning Arajuna Oranatang (hehe) everyday is a bad to meet him. ass!

Langeveldt

Soutie
I dont think you can really call someone a jerk just because they wont sign autographs, or were rude to someone.. TBH I find autograph hunters pretty damn inconsiderate (i know they are nearly all too young to know better) but I get really incensed when a crowd of people badger a batsman after he has been out for a duck..

Anyway my list..

1) Andre Nel
2) Shane Warne
3) Merv Hughes
4) Rodney Hogg
5) Aamir Sohail
6) Shoaib Akhtar
7) Arjuna Ranatunga

FRAZ

International Captain
Jono said:
You're really defensive over Shoaib.

The player who has raised the batting standards ....
And yeah he has been hated cuzz he is a quick bowler and almost all quick bowlers are hated for no reason ... And he being hated the most cuz he has been the fastest . And yeah no wonder Jono "You" guys hate him ........

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
I dont think you can really call someone a jerk just because they wont sign autographs, or were rude to someone.. TBH I find autograph hunters pretty damn inconsiderate (i know they are nearly all too young to know better) but I get really incensed when a crowd of people badger a batsman after he has been out for a duck..

Anyway my list..

1) Andre Nel
2) Shane Warne
3) Merv Hughes
4) Rodney Hogg
5) Aamir Sohail
6) Shoaib Akhtar
7) Arjuna Ranatunga
Ohhhh, come on not Big Merv!! He was a great character, funny on the field (would give the batsmen a bit - but it was before everything became so PC) and was the first man in the dressing room after the game to have a beer with the opposition whether they'd won or lost (more losing than winning in the early days)..............surely not a jerk! Although, maybe from England's point of view.................haha

Son Of Coco

ReallyCrazy said:
no in 2001, ganguly was playing mind games w/ waugh to get under the skin. and it worked.
haha, of course. When he's from your country it's "mind games" but if he's from somewhere else he's "the biggest jerk in cricket".....

Son Of Coco

Deja moo said:
The bowler was ready to bowl, but Parthiv Patel want ready to face him yet. Warne ,at slip, felt that the batsman was delaying and trying to put off the bowler . So he gave Patel a mouthful . Parthiv was visibly stunned by that performance.
Oh the poor guy......where do we send our messages of condolence? :p

FRAZ

International Captain
Son Of Coco said:
haha, of course. When he's from your country it's "mind games" but if he's from somewhere else he's "the biggest jerk in cricket".....
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I remember a thread ,
"What If India had Shoaib Akhtar "......

Son Of Coco

MY list of jerks would include:

* Michael Bevan
* Stuart MacGill
* Daryl Cullinan
* Lance Klusener
* Arjuna Ranatunga

The only person I've met out of these guys is Bevan.........and he was a world class idiot. It wasn't a five minute meeting, we played against them and he was a ****** throughout the game and wouldn't say much to anyone either before or afterwards. Apparently MacGill isn't a bad guy off the field.....

On the other hand, Michael Slater, Brad Haddin and Nathan Bracken are all very good guys.

Eclipse

International Debutant
before we say anything we should probably put ourselfs in the players shoes for a moment..

I doubt I could be nice 100% of the time because there would be time's when you just want to be left alone.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:

Anyway my list..

1) Andre Nel
2) Shane Warne
3) Merv Hughes
4) Rodney Hogg
5) Aamir Sohail
6) Shoaib Akhtar
7) Arjuna Ranatunga
Glen McGrath
Aamir Sohail
Andre Nel
Rodney Hogg

The stupid thing that McGrath has trademarked trying to scare batsmen by hurling the ball back to the stumps/WK when batsman is clearly in the crease. As Ian Chapell said "One day someone will whack McGrath with the bat" for this inane aggression. Plus his personal sleding (as of Ganguly, Sarwan...) is completely tasteless.

Last edited:

KennyD

aww with Macgill, he is ugly as hell and a bit of a fool on the ground but yeah he is a really nice player in matter of fact. Also hes got a hot wife.