• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

biggest hitters

pieterthegreat

Cricket Spectator
who in your mind is the biggest hitter in cricket in the last 5 years

imo
adam gilchrist is the best at timing a big hit
kevin pietersen is the strongest hitter
chris cairns and andrew flintoff are the biggest hitters
and shahid afridi is the most frequent at going for a big shot:photo: :flex:

any videos of sixes would be much apreciated tryed ti upload some but they werent uploading

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
pieterthegreat said:
who in your mind is the biggest hitter in cricket in the last 5 years

imo
adam gilchrist is the best at timing a big hit
kevin pietersen is the strongest hitter
chris cairns and andrew flintoff are the biggest hitters
and shahid afridi is the most frequent at going for a big shot:photo: :flex:

any videos of sixes would be much apreciated tryed ti upload some but they werent uploading
I was quite impressed with just how hard Roger Telemarketingscamus hit the ball for South Africa today.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
no1_gangsta_786 said:
My friend told me Johann vanderwath (think thats his name) of South Africa can hit HUGE sixes.
Yep. He hit some against Australia in the VB series, including a great pull shot over square leg that went half way up the stands.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jamee999 said:
Oi, Gray!! He may be a flop at international level, but in county cricket he's murdered pretty much every attack in the country at one time or another. I don't mind people claiming Blackie's a rubbish bowler, or that he's not a Test player, both of which are true, but to claim that he's not a big hitter is just wrong. :p

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Geoffrey Boycott.

Or are we just talking about on-the-field hitting?
:laugh: :laugh:

Don't mess with him. He's not a very patient man. Look at his batting.

Also, I think Chris Cairns once said the person who could hit the ball the furthest in the NZ team was Chris Harris. He could hit it for sure, he ruptured Cairns' spleen. I also remember one of the sixes in his 130 vs Australia being ENORMOUS. It was after he'd got his hundred and was too buggered to run.

Love how the language filter doesn't pick up bugger.

Bugger bugger bugger.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tyrone Henderson plays domestic cricket in SA and is one of the biggest hitters I know that hasn't been mentioned

steds

Hall of Fame Member
sirjeremy11 said:
Love how the language filter doesn't pick up bugger.

Bugger bugger bugger.
Why the bugger in hell should it? Bugger's hardly a naughty hardly.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Gilchrist, Symonds, Flintoff, KP, Afridi, Razzaq, Dhoni, Pathan, Cairns, Jayasuriya, Sangakarra, Boucher, Pollock, Kemp and special mention for Canada's John Davison the man can smash the ball a long way, his innings against WI and NZL (in WC 2003) were exemplary in the art of big hitting.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
Why the bugger in hell should it? Bugger's hardly a naughty hardly.
Well it blocks out ####, and ####, and ####, and ###### ######.

Once I tried to put down ###### and it blocked that too.