• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bhajji 'slaps' Sreesanth, leaves him cryin

pasag

RTDAS
So now he's swimming around in money for playing no cricket?
IIRC, they don't get paid a good portion of the money if they don't play plus there could be contract clauses about this kind of stuff. Someone posted the contracts here a while back (SS or Goughy), I'm sure they can confirm.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
there is absolutely no point trying to have a rational discussion with you, it's such a waste of time...so stupid of me to attempt it, should have known better after having seen the nature of your posts for such a long time, anyway i am out of this pretense of one...
8-) 8-)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sreesanth was let off with a warning after video evidence showed Harbhajan slapped him without any provocation. The duo embraced at the end of the hearing after Harbhajan offered an apology in front of the cameras. Harbhajan will not be appealing against the ban.

"The referee studied video tapes of the incident and found the assault by Harbhajan was totally unprovoked. The footage exactly showed that Harbhajan went down the line, wishing all the players, shaking hands with a few players," said Lalit Modi, the commissioner of the IPL who is also a vice-president of the BCCI. "Sreesanth was the third player that he met. Instead of shaking his hand he actually slapped him and continued down the line, shaking hands with the other players."
Cricinfo

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How can you get a three test ban for verbal stuff, yet just lose out on some T20 domestic games for physically assaulting an opposing player? :crazy:
If the incident happened in a domestic-Twenty20 game, really, it makes sense for the bans to relate to domestic-Twenty20 games.

If the incident happened in Tests, likewise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
you will be missed, you were an excellent poster...all the best at your new job...
there is absolutely no point trying to have a rational discussion with you, it's such a waste of time...so stupid of me to attempt it, should have known better after having seen the nature of your posts for such a long time, anyway i am out of this pretense of one...
Gotta say I'm now very, very confused. :confused:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think the 11 match ban is enough.

The least that must now be done is to make him ineligible for any money from IPL this season except the match fees for the matches he has played (except the one in which this incident happened) Reliance should be able to recover all their money spent on him (or most of it) so that they are able to use it to take on a suitable replacement.

reliance tried to get a softer punishment for Bhajji (not for any love for this buffoon) but to ensure they are able to field a decent side in the remaining matches. Thankfully IPL management has not listened to that. Now let them give reliance the option of getting a replacement without having to spend extra money. Thats only fair.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont think the 11 match ban is enough.

The least that must now be done is to make him ineligible for any money from IPL this season except the match fees for the matches he has played (except the one in which this incident happened) Reliance should be able to recover all their money spent on him (or most of it) so that they are able to use it to take on a suitable replacement.

reliance tried to get a softer punishment for Bhajji (not for any love for this buffoon) but to ensure they are able to field a decent side in the remaining matches. Thankfully IPL management has not listened to that. Now let them give reliance the option of getting a replacement without having to spend extra money. Thats only fair.
BBC website says he will lose his money for the whole tournament.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/india/7370313.stm

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If a player is suspended arising out of an incident in an IPL match, will it carry over to international matches, is I guess what I'm not sure about.
It could, but it's up to the BCCI to ban him from there. The ICC cannot say anything one way or another, since they have no jurisdiction in a domestic tournament.

So now he's swimming around in money for playing no cricket?
Nope, he doesn't get paid for the tournament at all except the first two games, and they may even fine him that if they wish. It's one of the clauses of the contract.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
How can you get a three test ban for verbal stuff, yet just lose out on some T20 domestic games for physically assaulting an opposing player? :crazy:
Except this costs him a lot more money than the verbal stuff, and the verbal stuff was many times worse than a slap. I suppose its the difference between being a racist bigot vs. a hot tempered idiot. Harbhajan is both, but that's a different issue. On this incident alone, it's not close to the verbal stuff.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If the video suggests that SreeSanth was not guilty then Good on him for not being the provcateur as was reported initially. And in my response to HB earlier I did say that I would trust the Enquiry.

What I resented to was people calling me 'You hate SreeSanth...' and how my opinion was biased etc.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta say I'm now very, very confused. :confused:
well yeah it is not exactly contradictory...in my opinion(which i am sure he doesn't give a damn about:) ), he is pretty knowledgable, clearly intelligent and can be(and has been on several occasions) a really good poster...it's just that he will post anything in a most bull-headed way to make it seem like he is "winning" an argument and when it comes to that, he deliberately makes it a circular argument and beats the same point to death...at that point, it becomes near impossible to take any discussion to its next logical step and i have seen enough of his style and should've known better than to have continued that discussion with the guy...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I can be all of the above that you suggested Anil and I accept that But rarely I do so without a reason. This time what got me upset was your following post :-

you are letting your already existing hate of sreesanth cloud your judgement here...

You passed a judgement on my opinion, without even knowing why I said that. And it was never about winning the argument, because I had clearly responded to HB saying that I will trust the enquiry regardless of my opinion of SreeSanth.