• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better thread titles

cnerd123

likes this
Can we have better thread titles please?

Let me explain.

Pitting Don Bradman Against Leaders of Related Sports: An Investigation – Part 1

A good topic and article, but as a thread title it is way too long. And what's with all the unnecessary capitals? And it's got both a colon and a hyphen? So there is a title, a sub-title, and a sub-sub-title? So much is going wrong here.

Waqar|Saqlain|Wasim|Akhtar played twenty one ODI's together, Analysis.

Same issue with length, but wtf is that use of the vertical dash? It looks like it's been formatted by a bot. Space it out. "Waqar | Saqlain" is much easier to read.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2021 (Test Championship Final warmup)

Now I know what you're thinking - 'but this is the standard format'. No it isn't. What's with the (Test Championship Final warmup)? Has this tour officially been named that? If not, it's irrelevant, and unnecessarily lengthens an otherwise solid thread title.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Now I love this thread and all that it entails, but it's really a missed opportunity to put a catchy title to the entire saga. Personally I would have gone with 'Cheating Australians - Sandpaper-gate'

***2021 Australian Domestic off season thread***

So nearly a good thread title. But why the three asterixes? One would have been sufficient.

Sri Lanka Circus thread

Perfect. Short, sharp, and accurately encapsulates everything the OP wants to discuss in it. 10/10.

Rachin -The Kiwi wonderkid

Same. See above.

Worst tails ever

Quality.

Can we collectively raise our games up please?