• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Wrestling Finisher

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Angle was around back then, I haven't seen Lesnar talked about in those terms but I obviously don't have much exposure. Is he good is he?

He just looks to me like a typical stiff, muscular giant of the type Vince has always fetishised but if he's actually good in the ring I'll find his matches on Youtube.
Well, he was an amateur wrestling champion during his college days & was recruited into the WWF by Jim Ross on the back of this, so he definitely has the credentials. Also, he was UFC champion once upon a time. Could by all means could go in the ring, especially during his original WWF run.

Aritro

International Regular
Lesnar is an ATG worker.
Well, he was an amateur wrestling champion during his college days & was recruited into the WWF by Jim Ross on the back of this, so he definitely has the credentials. Also, he was UFC champion once upon a time. Could by all means could go in the ring, especially during his original WWF run.
Ok, noted chaps. I've been wondering who else to watch out of the more recent wrestlers. CM Punk is definitely my favourite by an absolute mile so far.

Meanwhile, listen to Vinnie Mac having talking his way through the vinegar strokes when Hogan enters the ring for the first time. He ****ing loves a muscular man, Vinnie.

On that note, I reckon Hogan does more actual wrestling moves in those few minutes he did during the entirety of his one-hour epic (fail) against Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haven't followed wrestling for 20 years but it does strike me that the people currently being discussed as the best workers ever are the same ones that were being discussed when I was a teenage wrestling nerd back then. Have had a look at a few lists of the best workers ever and it's still Bret, HBK, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho, Stone Cold etc, Rey Mysterio etc. out of the Anglosphere wrestlers.

From what I can see, only CM Punk and AJ Styles ever seem to be seriously mentioned as top 10 wrestlers among the more recent lot.
Because everyone only watches one company and that company keeps bringing back those same old guys every year. It's simple, really.

Aritro

International Regular
Right then, just had a squiz at this match after the Brock endorsements from Athlai and jimmy101.

What a superb match. Both guys are in good form there, Lesnar really does move well for a big man as well.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't followed wrestling for 20 years but it does strike me that the people currently being discussed as the best workers ever are the same ones that were being discussed when I was a teenage wrestling nerd back then. Have had a look at a few lists of the best workers ever and it's still Bret, HBK, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho, Stone Cold etc, Rey Mysterio etc. out of the Anglosphere wrestlers.

From what I can see, only CM Punk and AJ Styles ever seem to be seriously mentioned as top 10 wrestlers among the more recent lot.
yeah that simply speaks to WWE's inability to create stars. CM Punk probably wouldn't make the top 10 of ROH's best workers from their creation until he left, but he managed to become a star in the WWE system

Spikey

yeah that simply speaks to WWE's inability to create stars. CM Punk probably wouldn't make the top 10 of ROH's best workers from their creation until he left, but he managed to become a star in the WWE system
ok this was a bit of hyperbole, but

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lesnar and Kurt Angle had a pretty legit feud. Although I was a teenager when it played out so, what would I have known back then.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Right then, just had a squiz at this match after the Brock endorsements from Athlai and jimmy101.

What a superb match. Both guys are in good form there, Lesnar really does move well for a big man as well.
This is one of my favourite WWE matches, great shout.

If you're after more Lesnar matches to watch I'd recommend:

vs Undertaker, Hell in a Cell from 2002 (they had another HitC match much more recently which I hear is also good but I've not seen it)
vs Cena, Extreme Rules 2012
vs CM Punk, Summerslam 2013
vs AJ Styles, Survivor Series 2017
vs Roman Reigns, Wrestlemania 31 (not their later WM match though)

I love all of these.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

vs Undertaker, Hell in a Cell from 2002 (they had another HitC match much more recently which I hear is also good but I've not seen it)

I love all of these.
If the one he knocked himself out trying to execute a frog splash on Kurt Angle from the other side of the ring isn't on your top 5, then these ones must be really legit.

OverratedSanity

I love all of these.
The rumble triple threat with Rollins and Cena was incredible. One of the best three ways WWE have ever done.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
If the one he knocked himself out trying to execute a frog splash on Kurt Angle from the other side of the ring isn't on your top 5, then these ones must be really legit.
Not seen this one since around when it happened, but remember it was a lot of fun (if scary for the wrong reasons at the very end).
The rumble triple threat with Rollins and Cena was incredible. One of the best three ways WWE have ever done.
Absolutely second this one, yeah, it's great.

Aritro

International Regular

I love all of these.
Thanks mate, I'll give them a look.

Is Cena a good worker? I basically assume anyone of a certain size is going to be complete **** until proven otherwise.

Pro wrestling is an artform for the middleweights and cruiserweights if you want it done right, most of the time.

Spikey

he was fine. Someone more into WWE can enlighten, but WWE basically developed a house style in the 00's that has stuck to this day that basically handcuffs everybody except for like, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
he was fine. Someone more into WWE can enlighten, but WWE basically developed a house style in the 00's that has stuck to this day that basically handcuffs everybody except for like, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg
There was a period where he had this knack for getting the fans in the arena to root for him in fights generally and feuds, (putting on a show as someone put it) until the WWE got carried away having him win all the damn time, then it got stale.

Aritro

International Regular
handcuffs?