• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Wrestling Finisher

Arachnodouche

International Captain
^Was a banner at Punk-Cena, Chicago I think? The ECW set wouldn't need to declare their intentions in advance if Cena beat RVD. Remember how they kept throwing his souvenir shirt back at him? :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The ECW ONS 2006 match is absolutely one of Cena's best performances btw.

Crowd were going to hate on him no matter what, but he absolutely milked the hell out of the situation. Had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Knew exactly how to play up to them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cena may be limited as an in-ring performer but his ability to manipulate the crowd is nothing short of legendary. Definite ATG at least in the WWE style of wrestling. And he consistently improved and evolved as an in-ring performer too. He truly did rise above the hate.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I don't know if his name can be mentioned on here , but Chris Benoits crippler crossface was a thing of beauty , my favorite submission maneuver, and Benoit would activate it from any situation just like the Ankle Lock of Kurt Angle.

For a brawler move its the StoneCold Stunner , the beauty is in its simplicity, can be hit anywhere, by anyone, at anytime ..Its basically a modified jawbreaker but it looks so badass when Steve Austin did it, and it plays with his character..Texas rattlesnake ..get to close you're gonna get stung ..

For high flying moves ..I'll be honest Montez Ford has a beautiful frogsplash its very underrated..

And for sheer power the F 5 is brutal from Brock Lesnar

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think Ford's frog splash is underrated at all tbh. Everyone who's seen him knows how awesome it is.

Kraken

International 12th Man
100%, fords frog splash is amazing. However I can’t go past my boy RVDs 5-star frog splash at the best

Teja.

Global Moderator
Crippler’s cross face was extremely protected in how few seconds it was held before the tap usually and how it was basically the irreversible once locked in without a rope break.

In contrast, the flying head butt looked brutal to Benoit when it did not connect which was the majority of the time and weak when it did.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The flying headbutt was brutal to Benoit irl tbh, not just in kayfabe. One of the major contributing factors to his brain being absolutely shot and all the subsequent horribleness.

I think it was used as more of a finishing move in WCW though (or at least was occasionally used as such), rather than as a signature move, which was all it ever was in WWF/E.

Edit: Though having thought about it, I seem to remember Benoit beat MVP with the headbutt at WM 23 actually.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Knowing Benoits history, it makes me cringe seeing other superstars performing diving headbutts

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Knowing Benoits history, it makes me cringe seeing other superstars performing diving headbutts
Yeah I particularly hate seeing Bryan doing it tbh, given he actually has a major history with concussions as it is. You'd think he'd be more wary than most.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to remember Benoit beat MVP with the headbutt at WM 23 actually.
Yeah he did and it was weird because they were having a good match and then the ending was weirdly cold because they'd conditioned everyone too think the headbutt never gets a 3 count.

Also: that move should absolutely be scrapped.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The flying headbutt was brutal to Benoit irl tbh, not just in kayfabe. One of the major contributing factors to his brain being absolutely shot and all the subsequent horribleness.

I think it was used as more of a finishing move in WCW though (or at least was occasionally used as such), rather than as a signature move, which was all it ever was in WWF/E.

Edit: Though having thought about it, I seem to remember Benoit beat MVP with the headbutt at WM 23 actually.
Yeah, Benoit was my favourite wrestler ever to watch because of that unreal anger and intensity he managed to depict every second in the ring. Even his theme song had that vibe as well as his nickname, the “rabid wolverine”. He was the best at coming off as this deranged angry lunatic with his body language, intensity and expressions even though he couldn’t cut a promo to save his life.

Knowing what we now know about the state of his mind and his similar aggressive behaviour outside the ring to his colleagues etc leading up to what happened finally, makes it all so ****ed up for me.

He wasn’t acting.

Aritro

International Regular
Hogan's leg drop.

More seriously, Jake Roberts's DDT and Arn Anderson's spine buster were things of genuine beauty. No one's ever executed those moves as crisply as them two.