• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/Worst XI of the Tournament

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes the Flops XI has some pretty bizarre selections to say the least, and so by extension some strange omissions.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andrew Fernando's picks were the poorest. Hopp's exclusion of Narine is also a bit of a shocker, though he admittedly says he included Raza Hasan 'for the sake of debate'

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Watson
Gayle
Kohli
Jayawardene *
Samuels
Wright
McCullum +
Starc
Steyn
Narine
Mendis

My immediate thoughts. Mendis just over Ajmal, although I understand Kimber's argument. The rest mostly picked themselves, IMO. 8 bowling options in there, as well.

Daemon

I don't like the notion of batting McCullum at 7 tbh. It's a tournament XI after all and he batted the entire tournament opening, a vastly different role compared to coming in so low down the order.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't like the notion of batting McCullum at 7 tbh. It's a tournament XI after all and he batted the entire tournament opening, a vastly different role compared to coming in so low down the order.
Yeah, I definitely agree with you there. However none of the other wicketkeepers stood out in my mind, and most of the batting was done by the top 3 or 4 anyway.

Himannv

International Coach
Some top order batsmen are batting a bit too deep for my liking but it can't be helped.

McCullum+
Gayle
Watson
Kohli
Jayawardene*
Wright
Samuels
Starc
Mendis
Narine
Finn

Spark

Global Moderator
Strong argument for actually picking the best keeper if they're going to bat that low IMO.

Spooony

Banned
McCullum is a minnow basher. Don't know what is he doing in a best XI unless someone went and took averages and just stack them top of one another without looking at the 100 he smashed against a minnow. Minnows excluded he scored 89 runs @22.25:unsure:

Steyn had a economy rate of just over 4.5 and you guys want to leave him out?

Gayle
Watson
Samuels
Bravo
Morgan
Umar Akmal
Hafeez
Steyn
Finn
Narine
Mendis

Last edited:

Daemon

Dwayne Bravo? The man with coolest head in Windies team?
You've got so much firepower in that team already, Kohli is the man to guide you through tricky chases and to dig you out of a bad start imo.

Spooony

Banned
That is firepower but Bravo got that cool head then that power when its needed. He usually comes to the party when it matters. But think any one of those two you can't go wrong. One can make even two sides with equal strength if one comes to think of it.