• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test

Shady Slim

International Coach
so i am unsure if this was done before and frankly hate forum thread searching because it gives me so many irrelevant results, thus here we are.

similar to the BOTMs but with the test matches in history.

everybody has the ability to nominate five tests, two nominations gets a test in the running.

and then when we're all entered (either when all the posting stops or we get say 64 entrants) we enter the voting stage

happy voting

edit:

please provide a link to the cricinfo page when nominating if you can, cheers

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Edgbaston 2005

Richie Benaud's tied test

Deano's (Greg Matthews') tied test

Adelaide 2008

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kolkata 2001
Chennai 2001
Chennai 1999
Chennai 2008
Mohali 2010

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan vs Australia 1976 3rd test and the beginning of Pakistan and Imran Khan's rise in international cricket

3rd Test: Australia v Pakistan at Sydney, Jan 14-18, 1977 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Pakistan vs West Indies 1988 1st test
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/63481.html

Pakistan vs India 1999 1st test Chennai

1st Test: India v Pakistan at Chennai, Jan 28-31, 1999 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Australia vs England 2nd test 2005 Edgbaston

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/215010.html

West Indies vs Australia 3rd test 1999

3rd Test: West Indies v Australia at Bridgetown, Mar 26-30, 1999 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

One of the best test innings I have ever witnessed

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Aus vs Eng 1877 - The first ever Test - Bannerman's masterclass

2. Aus vs Eng 1987 - The Centenary Test. Same margin of victory (45) and Hookes 5 consecutive boundaries.

3. Aus vs WI 1995 - 4th Test at Sabina. Test wasn't close but it was clearly a monumental moment for both countries.

4. Aus vs WI 1960 - The first ever Tied Test.

5. Eng vs Aus 1981 - Beefy and Bob's Test.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Eng v Aus, 2nd Test, Edgbaston 2005

Ind v Aus, 2nd Test, Kolkata 2001

WI v Aus, 3rd Test, Barbados 1999

Eng v Aus, 3rd Test, Leeds 1981

Aus v WI, 1st Test, Gabba 1960

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
England v Australia, 1902 Old Trafford (Trumper's 100 before lunch on Day 1, Aus win by 3 runs)
England v Australia, 1902 Oval (Jessop's 100, England win by 1 wicket)
England v West Indies, 1963 Lord's ("best ever draw": Cowdrey batting with a broken arm, all 4 results possible at the start of the last over)
West Indies v South Africa, 1992 Barbados (South Africa return after 22 years and almost pull off a shock win)
Sri Lanka v Australia, 1992 Colombo (Australia come back to win from nearly 300 behind on first innings)

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Kolkata test was great for Indian fans and it can be counted in one of the greatest comebacks ever but overall, it wasn't a 'great' test. It only had great performances from one team.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Kolkata test was great for Indian fans and it can be counted in one of the greatest comebacks ever but overall, it wasn't a 'great' test. It only had great performances from one team.
I guess it depends on whether you think a match has to be close to be considered 'great'. I didn't vote for it because I thought it was already in the vote off, but I definitely consider it a great test.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I guess it depends on whether you think a match has to be close to be considered 'great'. I didn't vote for it because I thought it was already in the vote off, but I definitely consider it a great test.
It's an amazing test, without doubt with some of the greatest performances you'd see. But ideally for a match to be considered among the greatest ever it has to have great cricketing quality from both teams. For me at least.