• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best supportive Fast bowling spikes

Buddha80

Cricket Spectator
Hi
I hadn't played for 15 years till last Season and went and bought a pair of kookaburra spikes for $100. Realizing after a few games that they didn't have a great deal of support i purchased some gel insoles with arch support. Worked well for the first couple of games and now realising that i'm not that young anymore and carrying a little more weight than i used to its paying its toll on my feet and legs. I'm now looking for suggestions as to what you guys have found the most supportive, cushioning spikes are for bowling and batting in?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi
I hadn't played for 15 years till last Season and went and bought a pair of kookaburra spikes for $100. Realizing after a few games that they didn't have a great deal of support i purchased some gel insoles with arch support. Worked well for the first couple of games and now realising that i'm not that young anymore and carrying a little more weight than i used to its paying its toll on my feet and legs. I'm now looking for suggestions as to what you guys have found the most supportive, cushioning spikes are for bowling and batting in?
I used Asics when I was playing and found them good. I had to tape up my toes no matter what shoes I wore, but I had no issues with the cushioning in these shoes. This was 12 years ago though, so there are probably quite a few more options out there now.