• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Sports Names

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's unfortunate that Butkus is actually quite famous because he has by far the most fake-sounding name.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Fran Tarkenton is definitely real, as is Champ Bailey, the latter of whom used to play for the team known as the Redskins, back when I lived nearish the area.

Mike Truk is a famous Japanese fake name, although that is hands down the best name possible name for an American footballer, alongside Dick Butkus of course. :laugh:

Tom Flint

International Regular
My uncle is a champion fisherman and his name is leigh pond. Leigh is also the name of a local river- the river lea

Teja.

Global Moderator
I always thought Waqar had a fantastic name. The name has this medieval warlord energy perfect for an aggressive stump destroying fast bowler with one of the scariest peaks ever.

I wonder if that’s because the name phonetically sounds like a combination of **** and war.

I can’t imagine an accountant having a name like Waqar even though there are probably thousands with that fate.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I always thought Waqar had a fantastic name. The name has this medical warlord energy perfect for an aggressive stump destroying fast bowler with one of the scariest peaks ever.

I wonder if that’s because the name phonetically sounds like a combination of **** and war.

I can’t imagine an accountant having a name like Waqar even though there are probably thousands with that fate.
And then the whole cricketing community seems to ruin it all by calling him Vicky bhai.