• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best spinner after Warne/Murali ( 90s onwards) ?

Best spinner after Warne/Murali from 90s onwards?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'd have definitely backed Saqlain to do much better than Harbhajan if his career has carried on tbf. Bhajji was depressing to watch. Just a gutless bowler post 2004 or so. Just fired it in flat and was scared to flight it.
I wont.. The Saqlain that was fed to Sehwag was never going to do anything. The Saqlain that took that 6 fer in Australia? Maybe. I think it reached a point where the doosra became his stock delivery and batsmen were just not surprised anymore. A bit of a Mendis effect.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Some really weird sweeping statements with nothing to back them up from Migara in this thread. But regarding his fitness I will say that even today PCB is atrocious at handling injuries. Look at how poorly they managed Shaheen and Abbas. Azhar Ali spoke out against it too and said he had to go to UAE to get proper treatment. According to Shoaib, the best thing he did for his career was staying away from PCB's doctors. I can only imagine they had literal unani hakeems telling Saqlain a little haldi in milk will fix his knee. Anyway, it's one of those things that you either factor in when rating players or you don't but imo it definitely did screw up his numbers. Should've taken way more wickets but he didn't.
Qudrat Ka Nizam.

Shri

Mr. Glass
no everyone in asia used to cheat to get into u19 teams back then so i don't buy that

he'd have probably known how to bribe the right people better than the rural players

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
no everyone in asia used to cheat to get into u19 teams back then so i don't buy that

he'd have probably known how to bribe the right people better than the rural players
IIRC Saqlain never made in to an U19 team.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Any one who has issues about what Saqlain can do against the best of the players of spin, this is an example. Mind you, this is Lara after scoring several centuries against Warne and Murali. To deceive such a batsman neck and crock like this needs ATG skill set.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Any one who has issues about what Saqlain can do against the best of the players of spin, this is an example. Mind you, this is Lara after scoring several centuries against Warne and Murali. To deceive such a batsman neck and crock like this needs ARG skill set.

What are those?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Nobody new should vote now, and nobody should change their vote at this point. We are perfectly balanced... as all things should be. Even the 3rd party candidates have a nice aesthetic.

1675821303411.png