• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Pakistani test bastsman

Who is the best Pakistani test batsman ever?

• Javed Miandad.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Hanif Mohammad.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Syed Anwar.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Salim Malik.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inzamam.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Zaheer Abbas.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swervy

International Captain
well of the ones I saw (all of them but Hanif), I would have to say Javed Miandad by a mile....despite the fact I absolutely cant stand the guy

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Javed will probably win this based on being more recent.

It is a poll heavily skewed towards recent times though.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
javed all the way
the guy had tremendous commitment and concentration......he was rightly termed as the street fighter

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i have to say javed miandad though i dont like the guy at all. He used to behave like a monkey/barbarian on the field. And he hasn't changed much.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
What about Yohana? Ok he's probably not the best, but to me he's right up there.

twctopcat

International Regular
Rik said:
What about Yohana? Ok he's probably not the best, but to me he's right up there.
True blue, his was one of the first that sprang to mine as soon as i saw this thread. He's easily as consistent as inzi in my book although inzi is the more famous.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Armadillo said:
But hes class, have you ever seen him play

So do you think Ricky Ponting is the best ever Aussie batsman because he is class?

Look back a little bit when judging who the best players are!

Beleg

International Regular
Marc posted,

It is a poll heavily skewed towards recent times though.
That is because in the recent times [1980 and onwards] players have played greater number of matches and thus have had the opportunity of scoring more runs.

Admittedly this lists lacks many prominent Batsmen. Majid Khan; Wazir Mohammad, Mudassar Nazar, Sadiq Mohammad, Asif Iqbal, Ramiz Raja; but the people I choose dominate the Pakistani batting statistically as well as excelling in their profession.
Javed Miandad, the highest scorer for Pakistan with the highest number of centuries maintained an average over Fifty for more then 120 tests which is no mean feat.
Salim Malik was also a prominent Pakistani batter of 80's and 90's and so was Saeed Anwar.
Hanif Mohammad was a legend; the only trully great batsman in Pakistan cricket's early age.
The only sentimental choice, if it can be called that, is IMO Inzamam and yet he has done his bit for the Pakistan cricket in previous and ongoing decade.
Yousaf Yohana, IMO is an not as good as these people in the test arena. He has yet to prove himself against the Australian's, the South Africans and the English in their own countries. But he is close behind; no doubt about that. And Taufeeq Umar is too young yet to say anything decisive.