• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Pakistani and South African bowler

Beleg

International Regular
Lets have at it.

IMO, the best bowler produced by Pakistan is Wasim Akram.
IMO, the best bowler produced by South Africa is Allan Donald.

For Pakistan, the next four would be: Waqar, Imran, Shoaib, Fazal - in that order.
For South Africa, the next four would be: Shaun Pollock, Tayfield, 'Fannie' DeVilliers, Peter Pollock in that order.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair, as good as 'Fast' Fannie was he shouldnt be on any all time great lists.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lets have at it.

IMO, the best bowler produced by Pakistan is Wasim Akram.
IMO, the best bowler produced by South Africa is Allan Donald.

For Pakistan, the next four would be: Waqar, Imran, Shoaib, Fazal - in that order.
For South Africa, the next four would be: Shaun Pollock, Tayfield, 'Fannie' DeVilliers, Peter Pollock in that order.
For South Africa from what i've heard and read i think the likes of Procter, Adcock, LeRoux should be right up there..

neville cardus

International Debutant
Beleg, I must confess that, being an innate ***ist, my only reason for never having disagreed with you on this forum is that most bewitching avatar of yours, and the hope that you look remotely like it. Of late, however, I've come to appreciate that you've a knowledge and passion for the game superior even to Martha Grace's, and I'm beginning to suspect that you may not be of the unfairer *** at all. Kindly set my mind at ease.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
For South Africa from what i've heard and read i think the likes of Procter, Adcock, LeRoux should be right up there..
I agree with Proctor and Adcock partcularly.

Proctor has an amazing record. Nearly six wixkets per test and yet only one five wicket haul that too in the last innings in which he bowled.

In the 13 innings that he bowled before that final 6 for 41 he had consecutive hauls of 3, 4, 4, 2, 2, 0, 2, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, wickets. Considering that he got his wickets at just 15.0 runs apiece and at a strike rate of under 37 , its absolutely fascinating that he did not get more (or did not bowl more ) :huh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Not like you mate:)
I think we have been having so many threads on fast bowlers I took it for granted (subconciously) that only fast bowlers were uner consideration. Really.

BTW, Archie_Mac, could you send me an email just to have your email id ?

archie mac

International Coach
I think we have been having so many threads on fast bowlers I took it for granted (subconciously) that only fast bowlers were uner consideration. Really.

BTW, Archie_Mac, could you send me an email just to have your email id ?
kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au:)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
My top 5 from Pakistan:

1. Wasim Akram
2. Imran Khan
3. Waqar Younis
4. Fazal Mahmood
5. Abdul Qadir

And from South Africa:

1. Alan Donald
2. Shaun Pollock
3. Hugh Tayfield
4. Neil Adcock
5. Mike Procter

Peter Pollock unlucky, and I unfortunately couldn't consider Le Roux due to him sadly never playing Test cricket. Which may be a little unfair of me, but meh...

Beleg

International Regular
Goughy,

I will admit I am biased in favour of De Villiers because of his excellent, match-winning performances against us. Adcock et al were probably better, however, with the exception of Tyfield (whose record is just amazing) I decided to go with folks I had watched (or whose prowess had been passionately impressed on me by first hand observers (i.e. my father and uncle in case of pollock (p)) .

In retrospect, I probably agree with you.

neville cardus,

i am a dude.