• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI performances

Fiji-Bati

Cricket Spectator
Greatest ODI knock for mine.. I mean, he had Michael Holding for company and that was no flat track... :-O
Agreed, talk about a typical Richards innings. It was voted by Wisden as the greatest ODI innings I believe as well.

Another great ODI innings would have to be Herschelle Gibbs 175(?) whilst chasing a huge total chalked up by the Aussies. Easily one of the greatest ODI innings I've seen, along with Gilly's knock in the 07 WC Final.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
J. Srinath 30* (23) and A. Kumble 16* (19) in the same match. Best partnership innings ever.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Robin Smith 167no v Crimland 1993
Still lost the match but just a beautiful beautiful knock.

stumpski

International Captain
Looking at that match led me to look up the England team of '75, and in particular this photo which originally appeared in the Cricketer magazine. Do they still bother with team photos these days? Wisden always used to feature one for England and for each of the touring sides, but I haven't seen one for years.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robin Smith 167no v Crimland 1993
Still lost the match but just a beautiful beautiful knock.
Yeah, I watched that match.. he was great. Mark Waugh also played a beautiful innings. Back when they still used to play 55 over matches.

Top_Cat

Aravinda de Silva, 1996 World cup final. Aussies were going great guns with Taylor and Ponting. Enter de Silva with the ball. Taylor skies a sweep. ponting misreads a big off break and bowled middle stump. Ian Healy done in the air and ball spins through the gate in on to the off stump. Takes 3-44 and Aussies are done for 247.

Then SL comes to bat. Kalu gets out pulling. The Jayasuriya run out 2 - 17. Hammers a Century to win the world cup.

One of the greatest due to the situation and the importance of the match.
Yeah, only because his ton was so good do people forget he ripped the heart out of the Aussie push with the bat too. Aussies were above 6 an over and looking for 300+, even Taylor was smashing it. Great, great performance (hated it at the time, though).

Top_Cat

****, that is SOME performance. There was one v Sri Lanka in 95-96 where he hit a last ball four to win a game when 4 runs were needed.
Was against the WI, came in at 6/38 with Ambi and Gibson surging, only Reiffel to help him. Still haven't seen a better knock, tbh.

Good shout on Robin Smith's 167 too. Frigging awesome hitting towards the end, Gilchrist-like. Speaking Gilchrist, his 149 in the WC final was something special.

Last edited: