• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best left-arm seamer since Akram retired

Who's the best since Wasim?

• Vaas

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Zaheer

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Pathan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Boult

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Wagner

• Starc

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amir

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Amir don't possess the accuracy and fitness of Vaas, as well as variations and the patience. Vaas never had Amir's pace. If Amir had above qualities of Vaas, or Vaas had Amir's pace, would have been better than Akram.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably me tbh. Always described myself as the White Wasim.*

*Bowled off three steps and it barely fell out of my hand, did nothing with it and had six blokes on the fence so the ball got back to me faster after going for six.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
are we being relativistic now when talking about Vaas' skill level vs Amir? Like, Vaas was so much better than his peers than Amir is, ergo he is superior?

Because that argument I can see. Otherwise, Vaas was basically a slightly better Ryan Sidebottom. Amir literally has magic in his fingers.

Also post-ban he's had like 400 catches or smth dropped off his bowling, are you really just looking at his stats and going 'meh'?

Amir is easily the best left arm quick since Akram in terms of raw skill. Sure he hasn't got the record to show it yet, and obviously going to jail for crimes against cricket counts against him, but to say he isn't even as good as Vaas if not better is just wrong.
Dude people will never judge Amir on his skills alone. You are arguing against a wall on this topic.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Come on, Zaheer was good for 18 months, 2 years tops. He was cannon fodder for most of his career.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea Zaheer was gun when he was good, but for most of his career he was basically Ishant Sharma - esque.

cnerd123

likes this
Mitch on a bad day still had that slingy-awkward-fast bowler schtick working for him which meant he'd still randomly produce a good ball or take a wicket due to the batsman just misjudging a delivery complete (See: Starc)

Zak was literally Ishant like - burst on the scene as this brilliant rapid youngster, faded away into cannon fodder/spud status who kept getting games on past glory and lack of options, but unlike Ishant he turned things around in a big way after a County stint. And then got old and injured again.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm still right about Amir its just that people are sour about the spotfixing thing, plus suddenly have rose-tinted glasses for Chaminda ****ing Vaas.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm still right about Amir its just that people are sour about the spotfixing thing, plus suddenly have rose-tinted glasses for Chaminda ****ing Vaas.
It's not some little thing. It should rule him out of any contention

cnerd123

likes this
It's not some little thing. It should rule him out of any contention
I don't think his willingness to cheat is any way related to the quality of his bowling. They're two separate things.

This is the whole 'Can you separate the artist from his art' argument here, except we aren't even getting into the 'art' of Amir's bowling, but just the pure skill of it.

Flem274*

123/5
is ***** actually arguing this in good faith? because if so i feel bad for him. amir is nothing except a promising youngster at this stage, albeit one who has gotten worse since debut and not better

cnerd123

likes this
is ***** actually arguing this in good faith? because if so i feel bad for him. amir is nothing except a promising youngster at this stage, albeit one who has gotten worse since debut and not better
Man, you make a comeback after 4 years out of the game, your teammates drop a whole bunch of catches on flat pitches, and suddenly people think you aren't all that.

I've never rooted for Amir to do well before but now I feel like it. He's legit a fantastic bowler and is being severely underrated based on statistics and incidents that have nothing to do with his actual ability to bowl a cricket ball.

Flem274*

123/5
Man, you make a comeback after 4 years out of the game, your teammates drop a whole bunch of catches on flat pitches, and suddenly people think you aren't all that.

I've never rooted for Amir to do well before but now I feel like it. He's legit a fantastic bowler and is being severely underrated based on statistics and incidents that have nothing to do with his actual ability to bowl a cricket ball.
eh, i've seen him bowl since his return and he's talented but i'm not seeing results nor the fire of his '17' year old self.

mediocre bowlers are more limited by their fielders than the best ones. boult had a ridiculous number of catches dropped off him early on, starc used to spray it around at a moments notice so his missed chances were always more noticeable as well.

stop trying to be an edgelord and deal with it. he's not as good as blokes with 300+ wickets. the horror, how awful. he's got the ability to get there.